1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Helpful forum from a previous Adcom Chair person.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Green912, May 10, 2002.

1. Green912

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This is a forum within Examkrackers hosted by a previous Adcom member from New York. Has some good info. Every bit helps right!

<a href="http://www.examkrackers.com/forum/" target="_blank">Admissions round table with Judy</a>

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KDocGirl

KDocGirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think it would help if it were more organized by topic, otherwise you end up reading/skimming through extraneous stuff that doesn't apply to you.

4. lady bug

7+ Year Member

Most of this is people asking her "what are my chances", and she says she can't give any specific advice. I think she just wants to get some private consulting, so people can pay her. I agree that it should be more organized and divided by topics.

5. shorrin

shorrin the ninth doctor
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I got a package in the mail from her company. with a very nice personal note.

but the first paper in the folder was an article about how med-school admissions are on the rise with the economy and event of sept 11.

scare tactics if you ask me and I didn't appreciate it. we don't know if apps will go up next year. And we certainly know that they have been on a downhill trend the past 5 years or so.

6. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Well, yes...they HAVE been on a downward trend for the past 5 years, but it has also been shown that med school apps have roughly a 3-4 year lag time in response to a bad economy and that they do go up in response to negative economic trends.