Helping out at dad's medical office

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted988786

My dad became a doctor later in life (non-trad?) and recently established his own medical office.
I help him out around the office whenever I can and make appointments, help patients fill out paperwork , bill patients etc.
I have not added this to my resume/CV since it is a task I do for a family member. Am I correct in doing this or am I missing out on adding this as "patient contact hours"? I lean more towards no, but just wanted to double check on this forum:smack:

Members don't see this ad.

Perfectly acceptable to include it as "volunteer, clinical". Some people will hide the fact that it is for a family member and give the name of an office manager or other employee (non-family) as the contact while others will be transparent about it being for a family member. If nothing else, it does show that you know what a life as a medical student and physician is like based on having lived with someone going through that experience and can see the efforts required at work and at home.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.