HELPPPPPPPP please help -question on application and interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sugarchick1211

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a couple interviews coming up and i just shadowed a pediatrician these last few months. I wanted to update them on my current activities since i started it after i sent in my primary. I was wondering if i sent them an email about my new clinical experience would be a good idea.. i am also still being reviewed by other schools.. i plan on getting a rec from the doctor i shadowed.. should i state in the email that they will be receiving another rec ( i have all my reacquired ones in) or will this hold me up even more seeing that they will wait to get the rec to invite me for an interview.. and how would be the best way to go to update these schools... thanks for all the help.. sorry for the rushed post..

Members don't see this ad.

Not worthy of an update.

Plus, now if an interviewer asks you how you have kept yourself busy, you have a great response...

Unless you have no clinical activity of any kind on your application, this is not worthy of an up-date. LORs from doctors you've shadowed are generallly worthless to an adcom.