helps on Rush interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwong112001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some tips on their interviews at Rush? I have one coming on March 31. What kinds of difficult questions are they going to ask me? Since my invitation came so late, is Rush just interview me for an alternate spot? Then, is Rush just almost interview anyone who has a slight chance?

Thanks!
Jeremy Wong

Members don't see this ad.

Med schools are like girls they want to be told that they are your #1. This is what I told them and it worked for me. I told them they were one of my top choices besides my state school, mainly because: class size is small around 120 (less likely to slip threw the cracks), good support system at the school, 4 students per cadaver, great clinical rotations at rush and cook county hospital (county hospitals let students do more then say nice middle class hospitals were patients won?t even let students touch them), and according to the AMSA website they have one of the highest student satisfaction ratings. Their students really love being there. I told one of my interviews all this and he was impressed by how much I knew about the school. I would of definitely gone there myself if I didn?t get into my state school. As for interviews you have 2 of them. One is open file and he well most likely ask you to go into more detail about the things in your secondary. And the other one is closed file, he won?t no much about you, so be ready to be asked almost anything. My closed file one actually asked me about an ethical issue, what to do with a noncompliant patient. I hope this all helps good luck, and most likely you wont be interviewing for a waitlist spot, because I?m withdrawing my application this week, so a least there well be one more spot available.

Hello, I am interviewing at Rush on Tuesday and I plan to ask them the waitlist question. I will let you know how it goes!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
opus03

I asked them for that question already. They told me that you are still interviewing for a slot for the upcoming class. They interview between 475 to 500 applicants while they accept 275 of them each year. So, I think we both still stand a very good chance of getting in. I hope this info. will help you.

Jeremy

Originally posted by jwong112001
opus03

I asked them for that question already. They told me that you are still interviewing for a slot for the upcoming class. They interview between 475 to 500 applicants while they accept 275 of them each year. So, I think we both still stand a very good chance of getting in. I hope this info. will help you.

Jeremy

Thank you!! I now feel a little better about the money I'm spending...flying out tonight from CA!! Good luck to you!:)

I've only interviewed at two schools, but by the feel of things my Rush interviews were the most chilled ever. No hard questions, real easy and friendly discussion. My open interview was with the Director, so I was scared it would be hard, but she didn't question anything in my application or give me any even remotely hard questions to answer. The other four folks said their interviews were pretty chill too. Enjoy it, smile, and most of all be relaxed and be yourself!

I recently interviewed at RUSH on 3-7-03. It was my 6th interview thusfar, so I think I can give a fair opinion about it. I agree it was very chill, however it was the only one that consisted of 2 seperate interviews throughout the day. Feel free to contact me with specific questions or if you want more info!