Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

[Helps!] What can I do with these two admissions?

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by echostate, Apr 6, 2007.

1. echostate

An international student, receive two admissions. My family can afford at most $50000 (for tuition and living expenses). So please compare/describe the admissions in these two aspects:
    (1) The difficulty of finding financial supports (TA/RA/Fellowships) after enrollment (during the next 4-5 years in the program).
    (2) The job opportunity after graduation.

Choice 1 (Tuition: $15000 per YEAR):
    Admission (currently without financial supports, but pending) into the PhD Program in Nutritional Science @ Rutgers University (New Brunswick).

Choice 2 (Tuition: $15000 per TERM, more expensive than choice 1):
    First, admission (without financial supports) into the MPH program in Epidemiology @ School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh.
    Then, after the first two terms, reapply to the DrPH/PhD Program in Epidemiology at the same school (and do my best to receive the financial supports).

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.