Here are my stats. What do you think my chances are in getting into a DPT program?

Aug 20, 2015
Status
Physical Therapist
Here are my stats, what do you think my chance are?

Overall GPA: 3.42
Master's Degree GPA: 3.7 (MS Exercise Physiology)
Prerequisite GPA: 3.4
Science GPA: 3.15
GRE: 148 V and 148 Q

I tried to apply for PT school after my graduate degree with a 2.6 science gpa and 3 of the pre reqs not taken yet.I didnt get in obviously. I took the pre reqs and boosted science gpa over 3.0 but im still a bit skeptical. I am taking 2 science classes that i got C's in this fall and if I get A's my gpa will bump up to a 3.4.( I did the math)

Aug 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
You can get in somewhere. I think it all depends on where you are applying though. Some schools take the highest grade when courses are repeated; others do not. Also, as I'm sure you know, some schools have a minimum GRE score that you must meet; others do not. I think you can get in if you pick the right schools!

steveyk

7+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2011
Status
Physical Therapy Student
I think you can definitely get into some programs but if I had to choose an aspect of your application to work on, it would definitely be the GRE scores. Although I have heard of PT students getting accepted to programs with your scores, I think I would retake it and try and score above 150's on both section. If you scored below a 4.0AW, I would definitely retake it. Good luck to you!

Reactions: tcpt