Here are my stats: What vet school would be most likely to take me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jemappellejane

#stinkasaurus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
From Rochester, NY
Age 27
Cum GPA: 3.3
Math and Science GPA: 2.4
Last 45 credits: 3.7
GRE: 1000

I have about 10,000 SA experience with a rec from the president of the largest private veterinary association in the country, I was on the equestrian team in college, I have about 10 hours shadowing an equine vet (plan to get more this summer), i'm fluent in American Sign Language, have honors from high school, played sports, have a bunch of hours volunteering at the humane society (clinic and non-clinic), spay/neuter volunteer work, science olympiad, i was specially chosen for a select student teaching program, i'm certified in NYS biology, have taught science for a year to middle/high school students, am just shy of my M.S. in education (which I have a 4.0), spent time educating students on veterinary careers at our school career day, have written several articles for Pet Tales magazine in western NY, habitat for humanity, etc.....

I'm also going to be shadowing/volunteering with a dairy herdsman this summer and possibly with the zoo. Considering my status, this is why I thought Dublin would be a good place for me. Anywhere that doesn't focus too much on GPA... I'm planning to take the GRE again too. I only got 1000 and didn't study.

Any professional opinions on my status?

Members don't see this ad.