Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Here's something thats great for med school and undergrad!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dknykid1980, Apr 22, 2002.

1. dknykid1980

dknykid1980 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello.

I was desiring to get rid of this Digital Voice Recorder that I currently use to record my lectures in class. I'm actually getting another one from a friend of mine who is just giving his to me. It's a really, really small digital voice recorder, smaller than the palm of your hand. This item is great if you have a tendency to nod off during lectures or if the prof talks too fast!

It's almost brand new, I bought it 2 months ago. It's a Panasonic RR-QR400. It can obviously record lectures. It has three different modes: HQ (high quality), SP (short play), LP (long play). Depending on which quality you want to have the lecture or conversation recorded is how long of memory you will have. The LP mode allows one to have 420 minutes of memory! The SP mode allows you to have about 2 hours of recording. It also has the capability to divide your recordings into 4 folders. It has a slot for earphones and it can transfer recordings onto your computer/laptop. I have the original packaging and manual (I'm sure there's a lot of stuff you can do that I really dont even use it for).

I'd like to get rid of this ASAP. I paid $155 (only 2 months ago!); however, I am thinking of selling it for $130 or best offer. Thanks in advance. My email address is [email protected]

2. mr.annoying

mr.annoying Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

How about $23?

3. Sonya

Sonya Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

You guys, those thing are good! they can record from distance, reasonable quality. lot less a mess than tape recorders. I already got one, and plan on keeping it.

Sonya

4. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    the only problem i see with tape recording a lecture is that i'd have to listen to the whole thing again! i gave up that idea in high school.

5. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    also a lot of med schools video record their lectures.

6. Hey thats a pretty good buy given those things sell for like 150 bucks! In fact my friend's got same panasonic one, that things TINY!! it works pretty good too (heheh especially when I ditch classes I can always listen to the recording).
    IF i didnt hve one of my own i would get it dknykid1980. All u others should look into it...even for undergrad classes

7. Green912

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It's nice to have a recorder on stand by in case things get over your head or too fast. Otherwise I wouldn't use one on a regular basis. Too much extra time.