SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Hey AJR, i've a question...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jswed, Aug 19, 2001.

1. jswed

jswed Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 16, 2001
    SF
    If you apply to USC for the combined MD-PhD program and are not selected for it, do they then also consider you for only the MD program?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member Physician 10+ Year Member

Jun 24, 2001
    I'm pretty sure they do. A friend of mine applied for MD/PhD, didn't get in, but was accepted for straight MD. I'll double check tomorrow.

Andrew

4. i think for most md/phd programs...ur supposed to apply to BOTH

that means, apply to the md/phd and also for the md....if u dont get the md/phd...u can STILL Get the md :D

that is what i think, but not sure

5. jswed

jswed Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 16, 2001
    SF
    Thanks for looking into that AJR! Since you have mentioned that you work right there, I thought you might be a good person to ask. I've called them a few times last week and I don't want to annoy them too much.

Watchamacallit:
    When you say that one should apply to both MD-PhD and MD at the same time... is it that one can apply to both on the AMCAS application or does one have to do it on the secondary? I haven't seen anything on the AMCAS, but then again - I had so many problems with just filling it out online that I might have missed it.