Hey AJR, i've a question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jswed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you apply to USC for the combined MD-PhD program and are not selected for it, do they then also consider you for only the MD program?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure they do. A friend of mine applied for MD/PhD, didn't get in, but was accepted for straight MD. I'll double check tomorrow.

Andrew

i think for most md/phd programs...ur supposed to apply to BOTH

that means, apply to the md/phd and also for the md....if u dont get the md/phd...u can STILL Get the md :D

that is what i think, but not sure

Thanks for looking into that AJR! Since you have mentioned that you work right there, I thought you might be a good person to ask. I've called them a few times last week and I don't want to annoy them too much.

Watchamacallit:
When you say that one should apply to both MD-PhD and MD at the same time... is it that one can apply to both on the AMCAS application or does one have to do it on the secondary? I haven't seen anything on the AMCAS, but then again - I had so many problems with just filling it out online that I might have missed it.