Daydreamer2008

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi guys,
Any of you hear about anyone getting off the "pre-interview hold" pile? I really wanted an interview there, and I have a family friend who goes there and she said I would love it. But I hear no one gets off the hold list. Should i even bother mailing in a letter of interest? I called admissions and they said they aren't accepting updates, but I'm not sure if I should go ahead and do it anyways since I have nothing to lose.

Any advice would help. Thanks.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I don't think albany has that much of a SDN presence. I've found the Albany Medical College Facebook group to be more sucessfull if you want to talk to them!

About the Ads

dontstuddy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
when I applied I was on the pre-interview hold pile and sent in updates and recieved an interview. It was not this late in the year though. I don't think it will hurt you to send new information, the worst thing that can happen is that they don't put it in your file.

DrLizzie

Still in the game
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi,
I heard that there were a lot more applications this year (about 9000), so if you were placed on a pre-interview hold, I would suggest that you hold on to other schools. We're approaching march, and I believe that many schools are close to filling their classes, but Albany Med do interview until april/may. Hopefully you already have acceptances/interviews elsewhere.

And yes, many are on facebook!

Good luck!

vkhalsa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2005
Status (Visible)
Hi guys,
Any of you hear about anyone getting off the "pre-interview hold" pile? I really wanted an interview there, and I have a family friend who goes there and she said I would love it. But I hear no one gets off the hold list. Should i even bother mailing in a letter of interest? I called admissions and they said they aren't accepting updates, but I'm not sure if I should go ahead and do it anyways since I have nothing to lose.

Any advice would help. Thanks.

it's getting really late in the season but i would do whatever you can to show that you are interested. the admin here is pretty receptive.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.