Hey Albany med students...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daydreamer2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Any of you hear about anyone getting off the "pre-interview hold" pile? I really wanted an interview there, and I have a family friend who goes there and she said I would love it. But I hear no one gets off the hold list. Should i even bother mailing in a letter of interest? I called admissions and they said they aren't accepting updates, but I'm not sure if I should go ahead and do it anyways since I have nothing to lose.

Any advice would help. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think albany has that much of a SDN presence. I've found the Albany Medical College Facebook group to be more sucessfull if you want to talk to them!

Members don't see this ad :)
when I applied I was on the pre-interview hold pile and sent in updates and recieved an interview. It was not this late in the year though. I don't think it will hurt you to send new information, the worst thing that can happen is that they don't put it in your file.

Hi,
I heard that there were a lot more applications this year (about 9000), so if you were placed on a pre-interview hold, I would suggest that you hold on to other schools. We're approaching march, and I believe that many schools are close to filling their classes, but Albany Med do interview until april/may. Hopefully you already have acceptances/interviews elsewhere.

And yes, many are on facebook!

Good luck!

Hi guys,
Any of you hear about anyone getting off the "pre-interview hold" pile? I really wanted an interview there, and I have a family friend who goes there and she said I would love it. But I hear no one gets off the hold list. Should i even bother mailing in a letter of interest? I called admissions and they said they aren't accepting updates, but I'm not sure if I should go ahead and do it anyways since I have nothing to lose.

Any advice would help. Thanks.

it's getting really late in the season but i would do whatever you can to show that you are interested. the admin here is pretty receptive.