hey all you fellow DO's

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by cfinn817, Aug 2, 2001.

1. cfinn817

cfinn817 Junior Member

hi everyone i just found this, gosh am i bummed i didnt find this a few weeks ago, would have been cool to meet up with a few of you before orientation started. has anybody recieved a packet as of lately that exlains what all is going on during orientation next week?
    i am excited and scared ****less esp when i saw back in july some of you began studying biochem allready.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cfinn817

cfinn817 Junior Member

sorry meant to post this in a different thread

4. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member

You are not alone in feeling scared about the start of school. I think every medical student that is honest with him/herself goes through this. Hopefully after a week or so of classes, everything will boil down to a routine, and some of that feeling will go away. However, I commend you for having the courage to bring up this topic, as many people are in denial about it.

5. prolixless

prolixless Senior Member

Initially I was scared that I may not be able to hack the course load in med school. But then I figured if the adcoms believed I was qualified enough to handle med school, then I most likely am, as long as I continue to work hard and remain committed. Now my fears are focussed on wondering if I'm going to be in a class full of cut-throat gunners. I'm hoping my class will have some unity to it. I'll soon find out.