SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

hey all you fellow DO's

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by cfinn817, Aug 2, 2001.

1. cfinn817

cfinn817 Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 1, 2001
    iowa
    hi everyone i just found this, gosh am i bummed i didnt find this a few weeks ago, would have been cool to meet up with a few of you before orientation started. has anybody recieved a packet as of lately that exlains what all is going on during orientation next week?
    i am excited and scared ****less esp when i saw back in july some of you began studying biochem allready.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. cfinn817

cfinn817 Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 1, 2001
    iowa
    sorry meant to post this in a different thread

4. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 6, 2001
    You are not alone in feeling scared about the start of school. I think every medical student that is honest with him/herself goes through this. Hopefully after a week or so of classes, everything will boil down to a routine, and some of that feeling will go away. However, I commend you for having the courage to bring up this topic, as many people are in denial about it.

5. prolixless

prolixless Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Initially I was scared that I may not be able to hack the course load in med school. But then I figured if the adcoms believed I was qualified enough to handle med school, then I most likely am, as long as I continue to work hard and remain committed. Now my fears are focussed on wondering if I'm going to be in a class full of cut-throat gunners. I'm hoping my class will have some unity to it. I'll soon find out.