Hey, anybody from America?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybe

Lazy Tongs
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing a lot of 'Hey, anyone from ________?' posts. So I thought I would throw this one out there-

Anyone here from America??? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont see whats so funny. just because someone starts a thread doesnt mean you have to read it.

there is a big difference between laughing "of " someone than than laughing " with " someone . So next time I would relly like to know how many languages each of you guys speak. Maybe you'me making fun of someones accent or grammar mistakes when that person speaks 2 , 3 or 4 languages while you just one,
Thanks and try not to be so rude in the future
Thats what SD is all about ,right?

there is a big difference between laughing "of " someone than than laughing " with " someone . So next time I would relly like to know how many languages each of you guys speak. Maybe you'me making fun of someones accent or grammar mistakes when that person speaks 2 , 3 or 4 languages while you just one,
Thanks and try not to be so rude in the future
Thats what SD is all about ,right?

I speak two and do just fine.

+1 for US of A and bilingual-ism:laugh:

Although I can see where you are coming from, this is all in good humor and your hypersensitivity will one day give you an aneurysm. My advice would be to laugh at yourself ( I was made fun of a lot when learning my second language and took it with GOOD STRIDE) or your friends, or whatever and realize that SDN is full of *****s, idiots, smart people, sarcastic people, serious people, funny people, etc. You don't like it don't read it.

Being slf righteous is also something to be aware of.

tank u 4 listning to me, help on prt 1, cd matrials need plse!
pirted cd 4 u cheep and good tste materlais!
pls send email chepao bastrds!

I am +1 US as well, but there is no need for this thread. I understand that their bluntness, wanting all kinds of things and persistence gets annoying a little at times...but maybe the U.S. could learn a few thangs from them...like not giving up...its pretty sad when some one that has trouble with English dominates most Americans who have all the chances in the world to succeed, but have an excuse ready for everything. Not saying that is you, but most Americans never live up to their potential.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am +1 US as well, but there is no need for this thread. I understand that their bluntness, wanting all kinds of things and persistence gets annoying a little at times...but maybe the U.S. could learn a few thangs from them...like not giving up...its pretty sad when some one that has trouble with English dominates most Americans who have all the chances in the world to succeed, but have an excuse ready for everything. Not saying that is you, but most Americans never live up to their potential.

um i dont think they ask for stuff anymore or any less than others. i can find plenty of requests on SDN from any given state or area. i knew it was only a matter of time before this became a racial discussion.

um i dont think they ask for stuff anymore or any less than others. i can find plenty of requests on SDN from any given state or area. i knew it was only a matter of time before this became a racial discussion.

Guys I started this thread with the best of intentions. Its just to find a place for all us americans to hang out and help each other. But lets be equal opportunity here . . .

Anybody needing any "help" is welcome, just post your info and someone will help you out ;)

Sorry dear north Americans for coming to your country, for not speaking English perfectly, making spelling mistakes, coming after my true love all the way up to here, and trying to start a new life in the country of liberty, equality and endless opportunities.

I hope you can forgive me some day

Sorry dear north Americans for coming to your country, for not speaking English perfectly, making spelling mistakes, coming after my true love all the way up to here, and trying to start a new life in the country of liberty, equality and endless opportunities.

I hope you can forgive me some day

Hey, no Pity-Parties here, buddy!!! ;)

We are happy to have you! Welcome home to America!!! :)

Anybody else here from America???

...trying to start a new life in the country of liberty, equality and endless opportunities.

Not if the democrats have their way.

None the less, welcome to America. The country everyone hates yet wants to live!

None the less, welcome to America. The country everyone hates yet wants to live!

I don't think anybody hates America. Some may hate the American government though... but so do Americans.:)

Hey, no Pity-Parties here, buddy!!! ;)

We are happy to have you! Welcome home to America!!! :)

Anybody else here from America???

America or USA???
you must speak clearly buddy!!!

I was being sarcatic in tha line any ways, but with people thinking like you I'm sure that the situation in this country is going to become unbearable.

I don't think anybody hates America. Some may hate the American government though... but so do Americans.:)

I'm sorry to tell you that people elect their goverments. Maybe you need to travel abroad and and find out if you are hated or not. Good luck.:scared:

Randomly-updated graduation countdown: 78 days remaining!

wats dis??????????????

1.Please stop being political here. First of all nobody hates U.S. because if that was the case people would not struggle and alwez dream of coming here. We were doing well in our countries also, but we came here because we like the quality of life , the education this country offers.

2. I believe if some one tries to find some people of his own country is because he needs emotional support and professional suggestions to go through this struggle of getting into a advanced standing program (ASP).SDN is the only way to come in contact with dentist who is from the same geographical area as we are.The US graduates will not be able to help because you don"t know the procedure and the dilema. I am working in a dental school and daily I come across faculty and students who do not have knowledge of this ASP program.

3.Lastly, USA is a country of immigrants .Your forefathers were either French, Irish , Spanish, other europeans, africans etc. Theywere also once in the same position as we are. It is because of its diversity that US has fluorished immensely and is the No 1 nation of the world. So if we immigrants want to assimilate ourselves into our profession and society by learning from the experience of our fellow country mates I think you should let us do so without mocking at us. Please stop making fun of others .

thanx

molar 19

I'm sorry to tell you that people elect their goverments. Maybe you need to travel abroad and and find out if you are hated or not. Good luck.:scared:

Just so you know, I have lived in 5 different countries, 2 to 3 years in each or more, U.S. being the 5th. I do think the actual 'hatred' is towards the government. But each and every government is hated by the opponent party and the citizens who support the opponent party. Why other countries hate the US goverment ? - I don't know. I don't need to travel abroad to see if I am hated or not, I know I am hated any way. :D

WELL SAID:thumbup:
1.Please stop being political here. First of all nobody hates U.S. because if that was the case people would not struggle and alwez dream of coming here. We were doing well in our countries also, but we came here because we like the quality of life , the education this country offers.

2. I believe if some one tries to find some people of his own country is because he needs emotional support and professional suggestions to go through this struggle of getting into a advanced standing program (ASP).SDN is the only way to come in contact with dentist who is from the same geographical area as we are.The US graduates will not be able to help because you don"t know the procedure and the dilema. I am working in a dental school and daily I come across faculty and students who do not have knowledge of this ASP program.

3.Lastly, USA is a country of immigrants .Your forefathers were either French, Irish , Spanish, other europeans, africans etc. Theywere also once in the same position as we are. It is because of its diversity that US has fluorished immensely and is the No 1 nation of the world. So if we immigrants want to assimilate ourselves into our profession and society by learning from the experience of our fellow country mates I think you should let us do so without mocking at us. Please stop making fun of others .

thanx

molar 19

I got antz in my pantz so here come tha dantz, yo. . . :D

Quick response. First: This is a hate free zone. . . So don't come 'round here hatin' on fools. . .

And Second: I've been travelling abroad quite often for the past 6 years, and guess what. . . I haven't noticed anyone hating me while oversees. Just thought you should know. . .

Anyone else here from America??? :thumbup:

i m frm amrica plz need nebd q papers plz pm me thxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz y use vowls n propr speling?

HI
First i dont understand how can you encourage a thread like this in a Forum where this thread doesn't belong at all(NBDE Exams and Licensure Exams).I have noticed that u move all threads to their respective forums ....i kindly request you to move this out of this forum....this is in no way related to nbde discussions.................................

Status
Not open for further replies.