Hey baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jordews

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, since you are the only one of us on here that i have heard that has your entire application processed and ready to go, and Ive heard rumors that amcas is going to begin transmitting pretty soon, itd be cool if you could keep us all posted as to the status of your app. Im interested to see when yours starts going out to med schools :) Any EDP people on here should keep us all posted as well. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey baylor :)

have u heard from any schools this week? it has been awfully quiet? :(

I'm EDP and my application has still not been transmitted to my school.. My school said that they have received 2 federal expressed EDP applications from AMCAS so far.

later

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by 12R34Y:
•My school said that they have received 2 federal expressed EDP applications from AMCAS so far.•
Two apps huh? It's Christmas come early! Your school must have been a very, very good boy last year... :rolleyes:

How the hell do you federal express an electronic application? Is AMCAS putting our applications on disk and then sending them to the schools? If that's the case, then what was the point of the web application? Anyone know?

yeah, actually i was wondering the same thing. i thought maybe AMCAS was printing the EDP apps out and then fed-exing them. doesn't sound like a good sign!

If AMCAS is seriously printing out our applications and sending them to schools, then all the AWS software the med schools have is of no use. If they're resorting to mailing our applications, I'm guessing they aren't too confident about successful electronic transmission in the very near future. What's a realistic transmission date? Late August? September? Better yet, anyone think schools will be interviewing many non-EDP applicants in the fall? Let's see, if AMCAS transmits our apps by September 15, schools need a couple of weeks to send out their secondaries. We need a couple of weeks to send them back. So, we're looking at mid-October right there. Then the schools need a couple of weeks to cash our checks, throw away the applications of those individuals they never intended to interview, and finally decide on who to extend interview invitations. So we're at the beginning of November. I think most schools give a few weeks notice at least prior to interviews, so we're pretty close to December before anyone interviews. Funny thing about beginning of December, I usually have finals then. Anyone else care to offer a prospective timeline? Of course, those schools which are already sending out secondaries will be ahead of the game, but I think some schools are still waiting for the entire processed application from AMCAS to arrive. Why, I don't know.

md2be: a lot of schools are getting the secondary process going early this year beacause of it, I'm sure interviews at many places will begin in sept, you just won't hear a final decision until they recieve your electronic app and verify your information, I have gotten 4/15 secondaries so far, plus notification from penn that their secondary should be up by aug 1st. I suspect that if transmitting doesn't happen soon most other schools will follow, and more secondaries will be coming soon.

My guess for a timeline is as good as anybody's. I have my fingers crossed for transmission in mid-August, but AMCAS has made promises it can't keep ever since the new app came out in the spring. I'm glad some schools are bypassing AMCAS, sending secondaries, etc. It does me no good since my letters of rec are stalled for at least the next several weeks, but fairly soon I hope to complete at least a few applications. I applied to 30 AMCAS schools because there is no guarantee I'll get in at all, and if I have to eventually bypass every AMCAS school by sending in MCATs, grades, primary app, etc., I won't be able to keep up. So, on one hand, I am glad that some places are starting to get the ball rolling, but on the other hand I'm pretty frustrated by the whole thing. Why couldn't AMCAS have stayed with the paper app or disc method? :( :(

hey,
just keep the faith, it is all going to work out in the end, maybe not exactly as we all want it, or even when we want it, but it will work . . . :D

yes FED EX!

I know its crazy. admissions told me that
AMCAS was planning on following up the FED EX with electronic submission.

who in the h#ll knows!Q!Q

later

jordews and other concerned parties,

Checked my printout tonight, and alas no transmittal dates yet. The EDP people are supposed to go first so you will hear from them before anything happens to me.

I did get an email from AMCAS stating that I would get another email from them whenever transmission started. The person stated that this was slated to happen "shortly" but didnt elaborate further. "Shortly" in my mind implies maybe a few days, but I guess AMCAS is going to apply their own definition.. maybe 3 or 4 weeks :mad:

Got through to AMCAS after about 20 minutes today and after comfirming receipt of all of my transcripts and one that I've never attended she told me that she had no idea when transmittal was going to begin.

They have me down for a transcript from Texas and I've never even been to texas!!!

they were supposed to fix this problem months ago, but still nothing.

they are incompotent at best.

later