Hey BMBiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triangulation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you interview at SC with me? Were all of the people that iv'd that day together? Just curious that'd make me chuckle if I saw you there. My iv time was 11 am i think ec I was a half hour late. If you were in my group you should definitely remember me now.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh yeah, and what did you think of it? I thought it was classier than the UCSF interview. They paid better attention to the small details (like guiding me there when I got lost as hell)

I was interviewed at USC on Jan 25, but at a different time.

I am still debating between USC and UCSF; both are good schools. When I was at the UCSF interview, I was hoping to find out why UCSF is considered the number 1 ranking pharmacy school in the nation; unfortunately, I did not see anything that warranted their exceptional status. From my undergraduate experience, I realized that the prestige of a university depends on the quality of the faculty and not so much on the quality of the program.

The interview at UCSF was tough; the questions were very precise and detail. But I appreciate that they took the time to read my personal statements and information, which USC did not do.

UCSF:
(1) The tuition (8500) is exceptional low as compared to USC (27,000)
(2) The location of the campus is exceptional.
(3) Considered the "best pharmacy" in the nation, probably the world as well.
(4) Offers "3-pathways"
(5) Higher living cost than LA

[I will continue with this at a later time]---Feel free to contribute.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah,I know. I'm probably gonna head to SC just bc I'm kinda tired of SF. I've worked in lab here for two years, and just kinda need a change of scenery.

I disagree about SF's reputation not being well-merited. I think they have unparalleled faculty, facilities, and program (they're the only school with the pathway system, and I'm planning on going into policy.) A lot of very innovative people in the industry are SF alums.

SC presents a lot of advantages as well. I honestly think it's gonna make the path a little bit harder than if I chose SF, but I'm willing to accept that to be somewhere i wanna be. SC is famous for their alumni support, attention to students (vs. big state school atmosphere), and that they were pretty much the only pharm school in So Cal for a long time, so basically everyone down there is an SC alum which can only be helpful in trying to find a job.

I thought the actual iv at SF was better in that both the faculty member and the student seemed better informed (my faculty member was a policy expert which means they selected someone that fit my essay specifics).

But as far as the little things that make you feel like they know who you are SC did a much better job. People I spoke w/on the phone prior to the iv actually met me before the iv at stuff it was cool.

When is your deadline for acceptance?

Originally posted by Triangulation
When is your deadline for acceptance?

My USC deadline for acceptance is March 11. If you are interested in pharmacy related policy, USC offers joint programs in MBA/PharmD, JD/PharmD as well.

UCSF students are among the best, so I was surprised to learn that UCSF students did not do as well as USC students on the California Pharmacy Board Exam. Since my ultimate goal is to pass the California Pharmacy Board exam, this information is very important.

Yeah I heard the same thing regarding a better passing % at SC than SF. I'm all over that. I think the support system they have at SC makes a difference