Hey Buckeyes- What about these Ohio Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyduck

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that Case Western, Ohio State and MCO have given out interviews. Has anyone heard anything about Wright State, UC, or NEOUCOM? Also, I retook my MCAT in August and was just verified this past week. How soon within being verified are interviews, rejections, etc. handed out? Thanks so much.

-Laura

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Laura,
quaileggs here had an interview at UC. Talking to other interviewees at OSU, some of them had interviews at all Ohio schools (i dont think neoucom counts in the "all"). Verification has nothing to do with interviews, at least at MCO and OSU, since they granted me interviews without verification. I just got verified too, and am hoping to hear from the others.

Good luck!

UC had it's first week of interviews last week (beginning 10/15). My roommate gave the first tour, and said that it went really well. She also said there was a lot of complaints about AMCAS. That's not surprising, from what all of you have been posting. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Mango..I was in that first group of interviewees 10/15. I really liked UC!! It will give OSU a run for its money for sure. (Accepted at OSU 10/15) Too bad I couldn't have met you while I was there but I probably met your roommate because I talked to all the tour givers. Which one was she (dark hair, blonde or curly reddish (?) hair?) Maybe some other time. I couldn't exactly ask if anyone knew "Mango" could I? Very friendly and impressive school! I was given very positive feedback that I would get into Cincinnati in a few weeks. Decisions decisions......

Hi all - I interviewed at MCO on the 15th of October (their first day). I also received an invite for Cinci, but am waiting for them to invite my husband, so I postponed that one. MCO's interview was absolutely perfect :) My prayers are going out full stream for there!

To those of you with interviews: Did any of you just take the August MCAT and if you don't mind what were your stats? I just received my August scores last week. Waiting for interviews makes me nervous. I really appreciate all of your help. :)

quaileggs: How'd the application to UC go? I completed their online app a long time ago, around Oct. 2, sent them my letters of rec. just last friday (the 19th) and I'm not even sure if they have my MCAT scores. I emailed their admissions office a couple times already, but they don't mention it. My MCAT scorecard didn't show any codes for the non-AMCAS schools, (I was sure I had put codes for UC)...

Mage: I submitted the Cinci secondary 9/9.
Sent my letters 9/10. Got an interview invite snail mail postmarked 9/29. Interviewed there 10/15. They said it will be about a month till we hear an admissions decision from them. Hope this info was useful. Good luck! It is a nice school. (by the way, Cincinnati is an AMCAS school)
Also, Cincinatti has recieved nothing from AMCAS except our names, phone #s and e-mail addresses. This is why they came up with their own on line app where we pasted our AMCAS PS and PV in. They have not even seen our AMCAS app. My interviewer knew nothing of my extracurriculars, jobs, family background, non-science coursework etc. That is pretty awful, isn't it?

Hey quaileggs

Glad you liked UC. See, I told you it was a great place! How about those laptops? Pretty cool? My roommate was the tall girl with long straight brownish hair. I'm sorry I couldn't meet you, but if you have specific questions anytime down the line, just post them someplace on SDN, and I'm sure I'll find them while I'm up late procrastinating (Hmmmm... like now?)

Well, back to learning about chlamydia... Later, Mango

quaileggs: Ouch! So they haven't seen anything important from me (besides the amcas essays)...I've been looking at my app so long I assumed they at least had all the extracurriculars, etc...I had a lot, some very good, too...I wonder how to show this info to them...printing the application and mailing it myself?

Mage--The only thing I was not crazy about regarding Cincinnati is that it was obvious my interviewer had not even read my PS or PV. She didn't know anything other than the bare bones minimum about me. She had all the pages of the Cinci on-line app in front of her but it was like she had just grabbed them--they were all out of order, loose pages and she couldn't find info on them. Also it was abundantly clear from some of the questions she asked me that she hadn't read the secondary even. So it was really more like a closed-file interview although it was supposed to be open file. Whearas at OSU, my interviewer had practically memorized my entire AMCAS app, she was quoting it back to me with great enthusiasm. Things like this make a big impression.
This being said, I think my UC interviewer liked me and enjoyed talking with me. We talked for a long time...I though she was never going to let me leave. She gave me an EXTREMELY strong indication that I will be accepted to Cinci and that she hopes I will pick them. So the absence of the AMCAS app (or her non-reading of my UC secondary )doesn't seem to be hurting me at UC. This would leave the impression that they are at least initially at UC just interviewing by the numbers. I am perplexed as to why OSU has paper copies of AMCAS and has for a long time and why UC has NOTHING according to them?! This is a very wierd year. It will all end up shaking out in the end so take heart. The medical schools need to fill their classes just as we need to get a spot.Supply and demand. Hopefully everyone next year will be in the school where they belong.

quail,
thats exactly how my OSU interview was! The interviewer admitted she had only 5 mins. to look at my app, and the papers she had all seemed out of order.
I hope this doesnt mean anything bad :confused:

I just got an interview offer from Wright State via email. I wasn't expecting email offers, but I guess that's how it has to be this year.

Originally posted by Ohiobuddhist:
•I just got an interview offer from Wright State via email. I wasn't expecting email offers, but I guess that's how it has to be this year.•

I just received the offer too. I hope to schedule it after MCO...hope to see you there :)

geez, UC told me (via email) that because of this AMCAS debacle, they aren't even giving out secondaries, they're going to screen and give interviews based on their online app , etc. Although, I'm fairly confident I'll get an interview (my 2 sisters got interviews (and acceptances) at UC with lower MCATs, fewer ECs, and comparable GPAs)..they just got my letters of recommendation, so I hope it means they'll begin seriously considering my application.

OSU...How in the world do I get a secondary from them? Wait until my AMCAS gets verified? If so, how long do I have to wait before I can threaten legal action? I heard processing/verification takes 4-6 weeks, but then I heard 15 days. It's been 22 days, so ...

Mage: as far as I know OSU is not screening for secondaries this year. I got mine ages ago. OSU has gotten a gold star from me for being super quick and on the ball in this crazy year. They are not waiting for verification to interview or accept. If you haven't gotten your OSU secondary, something is probably wrong. I would call OSU and make sure they have you on record as an applicant!

NEOUCOM sucks... but that's just my opinion.
Case is great, but it's not in the nicest of areas. I don't know anything about Ohio State.

Originally posted by csgirl:
•NEOUCOM sucks... but that's just my opinion.
Case is great, but it's not in the nicest of areas. I don't know anything about Ohio State.•

Id love it if OSU accepted me, i liked it! I think quail will say the same!

I've ~heard~ lots of great things about OSU but I've never actually been there.

I mean does OSU have an online form or anything at all? Just how are they supposed to get my name if AMCRAP hasn't even given it to them?

Resident Alien: I bet you will hear from OSU any day now. Thin envelopes can hold good news. Maybe we will be classmates. :)
Mage: I suggest you call OSU and pronto. Be aggressive...they are very nice over there.

quaileggs:

I plan to do just that as soon as I can tomorrow. Thanks for your advice and help.