Hey Class of 2012...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fabu1ous

Wow, it is so clear...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can already see it happening, and I know it's the usual cycle of SDN... but before most of the c/o 2012 moves on (literally) to our new schools and gets started in this crazy new adventure (and posts/visits less and less), I wanted to wish all of you the best during your med school years and career paths!

I know many of us will meet, and will probably never know that the person standing in front of you may have provided great insight years prior on SDN, typed you an encouraging word, gave you hope that this would actually happen, cheered you on with dancing bananas when it did, made you laugh, or gave a good snarly remark that atleast made (if not you) someone else laugh. :smuggrin: In any case, to all the regulars and even the less outspoken folks that have spent so much time making this pre-experience a good one, here's to you!!
cheers.gif
Cheers! Now go and rock out in med school!

Members don't see this ad.

I second that, although I will be seeing you next month fabu1ous! There are so many people on here that have made the time fly, and have provided some good entertainment (even the annoying ones were at least entertaining). You can bet I'll be sticking around to see how future classes go.

Best of luck to all in med school, and I hope to work with some of you in the future as colleagues!

:head down and kicking dirt with a pouty face:

Go ahead and leave us, we dont need you anymore

:sniffs several times to keep back the tears:

Fine just leave, :breaks out sobbing:

Thank you guys for all of your valuable input. I do wish you all the best, this world has to offer. Please stop in every once in a while and tell us what goes on behind the big bad curtain of medschool. :p

C/O 2013 will start to rock the SDN boards! hehehehe :smuggrin: ;muahhhahhahaha, muahahahahaahaha, muahahahahahhahahaha!

:sniff sniff:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know. It seems surreal to watch people ask questions about this coming application and interview cycle. It feels good to be past that. Good luck to all of us!

Good post ! I would like to also wish the class of 2012 good luck with medical school and beyond :thumbup:

Wooo Hooo class of 2012! :hardy::soexcited::ninja::zip::banana::D:love: Good Luck everyone!

I would like to first thank you for all of your valuable information and input that you have provided on these forums. I was totally lost in this whole process of becoming a doctor. I pretty much learned from each and every one of you guys in some shape or form. I am totally amazed at how many people I know who don't even know half of the information that you all have given me. THANK YOU. I wish you ALL a Very FUN, Adventurous, and Enjoyable experience in medical school. And of course all of the success that comes with succeeding in medical school. GOOD Luck and God Bless.:):)

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I know. It seems surreal to watch people ask questions about this coming application and interview cycle. It feels good to be past that. Good luck to all of us!

I agree, I feel like the new interview cycle came up so fast... just to think that we were doing interviews months ago... wow

I agree, I feel like the new interview cycle came up so fast... just to think that we were doing interviews months ago... wow
you better be ready for round 2: residency interview. Apparently, time flies rather quickly in med school:).

What's even cooler is that we may be involved in interviewing some of the class of 2013.

What's even cooler is that we may be involved in interviewing some of the class of 2013.
NO we won't. Only MS2 are eligible for such feast. We'll be class 2014 nightmare:D

Congrats to you all!

One request - Remember all the people who gave you valuable advice when some of you didn't even know DO = MD = Doctor. Now it's time to return the favor. It's that point in the year when people will be asking what seems to you now to be ridiculous and idiotic questions. Don't get upset and yell at them. Many of you (and me) did the same thing. Be polite. We try to be welcoming on this board. I know there are times when every single one of us will become personally offended and want to lash out, but the Pre-Osteo Board has a family feeling, so let's hug it out and get ready to welcome in a new batch of applicants.

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.
"The hospital! What is it?"
"It's a big building with a lot of sick people, but that's not important right now."

A toast to SDN'ers:

Thanks to everyone before us, good luck to those of us going in, and keep up the good fight for those of you after us. It's gonna be a helluva ride...
:biglove:

There are so many things that I want to say in response to this post. Let me try and do so in an orderly fashion.

First of all, to Fabu1ous And Prions - congratulations! I know I have been absent over the past year, but with good reason. You guys rode the wave with me, and I'm so glad that you'll be joining the ranks next year, especially since you're likely to really appreciate the opportunity that you've been given, and will make the best of it.

To the upcoming Western class of 2012 - I will try to be as much of a resource as I can, so don't hesitate to PM me with questions. Today was the last day of class, and the last system exam is on Monday. It's been quite a year, and I'll share any wisdom with you that I (pretend to) have. I look forward to meeting you all this upcoming year.

And in general, to the SDNers who made it into the class of 2012 - although SDN will probably no longer permeate every aspect of your life, you'll probably run into plenty of SDNers in your class. I've become really close friends with two people I met on SDN, and have gotten to know many others. I agree with the sentiments above - be helpful to those who ask you questions, as I'm sure you've gotten plenty of help to get where you are.

Finally, to those who are still trying, for 2012 or 2013...or who will be looking to do so in the future...Never give up the good fight. I applied in 3 cycles, went 8 years after finishing undergrad, and took the MCAT 5 times before getting admitted. And I'm now a proud member of Western's class of 2011. Don't get discouraged, and I hope you join us soon enough!

Good luck and congratulations to all!

Last edited:
Great thread!!! I also wish the class of 2012 the very best as they start med school and go through the many challenges that lie ahead for all of us.

I know that, for me, I really appreciated the emotional support the super level of encouragement I thought was especially unique to the pre-osteo threads. I hope that I have been able to do that for the rest of you as well.

Thanks for all the love :love:

There are so many things that I want to say in response to this post. Let me try and do so in an orderly fashion.

First of all, to Fabu1ous And Prions - congratulations! I know I have been absent over the past year, but with good reason. You guys rode the wave with me, and I'm so glad that you'll be joining the ranks next year, especially since you're likely to really appreciate the opportunity that you've been given, and will make the best of it.

To the upcoming Western class of 2012 - I will try to be as much of a resource as I can, so don't hesitate to PM me with questions. Today was the last day of class, and the last system exam is on Monday. It's been quite a year, and I'll share any wisdom with you that I (pretend to) have. I look forward to meeting you all this upcoming year.

And in general, to the SDNers who made it into the class of 2012 - although SDN will probably no longer permeate every aspect of your life, you'll probably run into plenty of SDNers in your class. I've become really close friends with two people I met on SDN, and have gotten to know many others. I agree with the sentiments above - be helpful to those who ask you questions, as I'm sure you've gotten plenty of help to get where you are.

Finally, to those who are still trying, for 2012 or 2013...or who will be looking to do so in the future...Never give up the good fight. I applied in 3 cycles, went 8 years after finishing undergrad, and took the MCAT 5 times before getting admitted. And I'm now a proud member of Western's class of 2011. Don't get discouraged, and I hope you join us soon enough!

Good luck and congratulations to all!

Aaaah Stringer!!! So good to hear from you-- man, no worries, you were handling your business and I'm so glad to hear you've made it through your first year, even with all the obstacles you've faced.

You have been soooo encouraging, and to those going to Western (although I am a little jealous) I really hope you take Stringers invitation for help. He's great people, has nothing but good things to say, and will be invaluable resource. :D Congrat Stringer on making it through your first year!!! :thumbup: