1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Hey guys quickkkk question regarding US SS#

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by slick90210, Dec 22, 2008.

1. slick90210

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey guys!
    Im trying to register for the DAT right now because I dont want to wait till NEXT tuesday but the problem is I can't find my SS#. I havent lived in the States for like 10 years and all i have is a birth certificate which doesn't have the SS. My old passport expired and we disposed of it. If i put my Canadian SS# will that consider me Canadian even when I make my application for the 2010 cycle? Or Will i have another chance to put in my US SS#?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JamesOSU

JamesOSU Ohio State 2013
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I suggest you find that card, how could you lose your SS card, lol... Call the State Department to get a new one I think

#2 JamesOSU, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  4. NyCzPeter

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Lol that sucks man. Theres actually a social security office. Try looking for that and they can issue you a SS card right on the spot.

5. slick90210

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    After calling a few places the only reason ADA and AADSAS require your SSN is to match up your DAT with your application so it doesn't matter if I put in my Canadian one. I can still in my application declare im an American Citizen :)

Thanks everyone