Hey guys quickkkk question regarding US SS#

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slick90210

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Im trying to register for the DAT right now because I dont want to wait till NEXT tuesday but the problem is I can't find my SS#. I havent lived in the States for like 10 years and all i have is a birth certificate which doesn't have the SS. My old passport expired and we disposed of it. If i put my Canadian SS# will that consider me Canadian even when I make my application for the 2010 cycle? Or Will i have another chance to put in my US SS#?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest you find that card, how could you lose your SS card, lol... Call the State Department to get a new one I think

Last edited:
Hey guys!
Im trying to register for the DAT right now because I dont want to wait till NEXT tuesday but the problem is I can't find my SS#. I havent lived in the States for like 10 years and all i have is a birth certificate which doesn't have the SS. My old passport expired and we disposed of it. If i put my Canadian SS# will that consider me Canadian even when I make my application for the 2010 cycle? Or Will i have another chance to put in my US SS#?

Thanks!

Lol that sucks man. Theres actually a social security office. Try looking for that and they can issue you a SS card right on the spot.

After calling a few places the only reason ADA and AADSAS require your SSN is to match up your DAT with your application so it doesn't matter if I put in my Canadian one. I can still in my application declare im an American Citizen :)

Thanks everyone