Hey Guys Sample Essay's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gpannu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals

Does anyone know where there is a good site or book that contains sample medical school essays or personal statements.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Try "14 (or 12--I forget) Essays that will get you in Medical School". Saw this in local library. Pretty good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by nochaser:
•Try "14 (or 12--I forget) Essays that will get you in Medical School". Saw this in local library. Pretty good.•

Not to blow my own horn here, but I used this book, and as a matter of fact have it for sale at half.com!

Click this link to check it out:

Essays that Will Get You in to Medical School

Of course you don't have to buy mine (SPANG67) either, there are others on there for sale. BTW the book has 40 essays in it.

Good luck.

You asked....

Spang

Hi there!

When I was applying for residency I used this really great book to write my CV and personal statement. The author is J. Tysinger and the book is "Resumes and Personal Statements for Health Professionals." A great book - it helps you develop a thought process and approach to writing a personal statement as well as gives examples of CVs and essays.

It's available at www.medsite.com, if you are interested.
I hope this helps... :)