Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Hey Guys Sample Essay's

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gpannu, Oct 5, 2001.

1. gpannu

gpannu Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Guys and Gals

Does anyone know where there is a good site or book that contains sample medical school essays or personal statements.

Thanks

2. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Try "14 (or 12--I forget) Essays that will get you in Medical School". Saw this in local library. Pretty good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ckent

ckent Membership Revoked
    Removed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Spang

Spang SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Not to blow my own horn here, but I used this book, and as a matter of fact have it for sale at half.com!

Click this link to check it out:

Essays that Will Get You in to Medical School

Of course you don't have to buy mine (SPANG67) either, there are others on there for sale. BTW the book has 40 essays in it.

Good luck.

You asked....

Spang

5. scrubs

scrubs Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi there!

When I was applying for residency I used this really great book to write my CV and personal statement. The author is J. Tysinger and the book is "Resumes and Personal Statements for Health Professionals." A great book - it helps you develop a thought process and approach to writing a personal statement as well as gives examples of CVs and essays.

It's available at www.medsite.com, if you are interested.
    I hope this helps... :)