Hey guys.....unique community college question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BBD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm at a community college right now taking classes. The four year university here has an articulation plan with my CC that let's student take classes concurrently in both the CC and the Uni. My question is: Is it OK to take summer classes (like CHM 2, PHY etc..basically the 'tougher' classes) at the Uni. while taking others concurrently in the CC. I'm a new immigrant and not in the best position financially. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, that is actually a good solution if you have the luxury. It is not uncommon for students to take English, History, Government, etc. at a Community College and then save the science courses for the 4 year University. Just keep the grades up wherever you go to school...stay consistent and you shouldn't have to worry about how your performance is viewed by an admissions committee.

^^Thanks. Any more input?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like a good plan. As long as the 'tougher' courses are taken at the university, you'll be fine. Good luck.

Yes, it's better to take the science at a 4-year. Do that.

Yeah that's fine.