• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

BBD

10+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm at a community college right now taking classes. The four year university here has an articulation plan with my CC that let's student take classes concurrently in both the CC and the Uni. My question is: Is it OK to take summer classes (like CHM 2, PHY etc..basically the 'tougher' classes) at the Uni. while taking others concurrently in the CC. I'm a new immigrant and not in the best position financially. Thanks.

cdmarshbu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
Yes, that is actually a good solution if you have the luxury. It is not uncommon for students to take English, History, Government, etc. at a Community College and then save the science courses for the 4 year University. Just keep the grades up wherever you go to school...stay consistent and you shouldn't have to worry about how your performance is viewed by an admissions committee.

About the Ads

91Bravo

Frank Netter's Love Child
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2002
Iowa
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Sounds like a good plan. As long as the 'tougher' courses are taken at the university, you'll be fine. Good luck.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.