Hey guys

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WN90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a question, I am very confused about and dont know what step to take . Anyways I am senior currently in high school graduating in june in 2009 with a 3.1 solid gpa and i did horrible in SATS( i am not a good test taker) so I will be attending Johnson and wales u. to do general studies then transferin to rutgers after 1 year. Now my question is Should I do Med in the Carribean or the USA.? in Usa is alot money and financial wise I cannot ask my parents to support that much, in Carribean some schools you dont need mcats so yea.. but i also hear about issues in usa not accepting some stuff this and that. Can you please tell me a path with everything classes of pre med, how should i take em,so far i have taken sciences such as Biology, Environmental ,Physics So yea.. help me out if you can
would appreciate alot:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Don't go Carrib. It is very hard to get into a residency in the U.S. because their education is not on par with U.S. schools. Saying they don't require the MCAT is the nice way of saying that they will take anybody willing to pay the tuition.

You're not even in college yet, the MCATs are 2+ years a way and trust me, a million things can happen between now and then.

I say don't worry yourself out about med school yet, go to college, and STUDY and WORK hard. Don't fall into the college trap, with no parents to push you and parties to distract you. Get good grades, and doors to multiple career paths remain open...in a few years, you can choose which door to walk through. But for now, the first battle is to complete freshman year.

Members don't see this ad :)
You might want to check out SDN's hSDN forum meant for high school students.

Your current GPA and SAT scores mean nothing in the med school application process. You start with a clean slate as a freshman. But you need to aim for an A- (or better) average and not let yourself get distracted by anything that will bring down your GPA. Take a small class load to start until you get the hang of how to study properly.

Last edited:
Thanks alot, I am just worried because i want to set up a path way to medicine and dont waste time and money, which i dont have much so thats why i am wonderin