Hey here is some info I think that we all need

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks dude, I definitely needed this.

Your Welcome!!!:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a lady.... :love:

Thanks a bunch OP. Everyone should memorize this before their interviews. I hear that many interviewers ask about problems with our current healthcare system and what we would do to change it. This link has all the answers. thanks again.

I thought this link would help out!!!!:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Our per capita income is not enough to allow for solely government regulated healthcare. Therefore, it is definitely not a possibility for free healthcare.

Thanks a bunch OP. Everyone should memorize this before their interviews. I hear that many interviewers ask about problems with our current healthcare system and what we would do to change it. This link has all the answers. thanks again.

While this is a very encompassing article, it shouldn't serve as your main resource regarding the state of healthcare. One could argue that some of the author's claims are unsubstantiated due to lack of in-text citing (i.e., footnotes). If an interviewer asks you why you feel a certain way, you probably don't want to answer, "Um, it sounded good and I agreed with it."

I know first-hand how difficult it can be to get comprehensive, succinct information about healthcare. Having said that, I'd encourage people to supplement this article with regular outside research to fully understand where and how this information was obtained. I've found the resources below to be particularly helpful, and a quick search of the SDN threads doesn't hurt...

--Understanding Health Policy: A Clinical Approach (try to get the most recent edition)
--Peer-reviewed journals (the online NEJM has perspective articles on healthcare all the time)
--UW's Ethics in Medicine site
--National newspapers (I tend to read the NYT)

Best of luck.

Thanks Madbay for the post. It helps to look at other info too.:love:

Thanks! You rock!

I would also recommend "HMOs and the Patient's Bill of Rights" by Molly Shapiro. :)

Understanding Health Policy by Bodenheimer and Grumbach (which was recommended earlier in the post) is a great book and a good buy for all premeds!!!! Check it out!!! Totally worth the money! :love:

Wow, I've never seen this many bumps.

I am actually trying to put together a resource on SDN in the Topics in Healthcare with links and books so if you would like to participate and help others with the knowledge you have ...

click on "Don't click the link"

Thanks guys :)

...for posting this link. I relied on it heavily in my interview. much love. :love:

Your welcome. I hope this site helps others as well.:love: