Hey how much do we have to know about nmr?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moldovanits

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what specific functional groups would be most commonly known for the spectroscopy problems. what should i base my focus on? more of the alkenes,alkanes or aromatic and amine groups? is there an easier way to learn all this? im using kaplan but its not helping too much, should i use examkrackers instead to get the gist of it? thank you

Members don't see this ad.

ek has a good NMR section. It is really minimal and I dont think its worth preparing by memorizing compound shifts... just be able to look at a few different molecules like alkanes and pick which one is the right one via NMR... know proton shifts and integration and how to tell how many hydrogens are in the total molecule.

The questions are not complex and I would focus on memorizing IR peaks for certain functional groups.

ek has a good NMR section. It is really minimal and I dont think its worth preparing by memorizing compound shifts... just be able to look at a few different molecules like alkanes and pick which one is the right one via NMR... know proton shifts and integration and how to tell how many hydrogens are in the total molecule.

The questions are not complex and I would focus on memorizing IR peaks for certain functional groups.

ok thanks :thumbup: