Hey it's Jet. I need some advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ummmmmmmmmmm,

HUH?:laugh:

Your response is esoteric and does not detract from Per4's post.

Take another bong hit and try again dude.

Whatever bro. Good luck in your search.

Members don't see this ad.

First of all; To Jet, i'm glad to supply some input that in even a small way helps. As a loooooong time lurker here your posts have been amazingly helpful and enlightening from a general life's point of view standpoint as well as advice in regards to reaching my goal in Anesthesia (of which I'm getting close to this year.....come on interviews, keep em coming)

Second, obviously the psychological/philosophical arguments to my post (what defines "right", the variability of ones moral compass, and who's to say "my" right is MORE/LESS godly than your "right"?) But with those points agreeably conceded I believe there are obvious rights/wrongs and no one would argue that Hitler was doing right, regardless of what his internal thoughts were (I also understand that this was an extreme example you gave in attempts to make your point.) Surely there is a huge gray area.

Regardless I remain fixed on my opinion/disbelief that for example if the Pope dies and gets to the afterlife and meets "God" that God would say, "sorry buddy but Mormon was the way to go, go meet Satan". I can't believe that possible.

In closing, in regards to doing what you consider RIGHT, a quote from a "great philosopher" : If this is heaven to me is this considered heavenly?

To the bolded: Agreed. I don't say what I do is any more Godly or less Godly than another. At the same time, I hope to find out what truly was Godly. In other words, the truth.

To the underlined: I disagree here. If mormon truly was the way to go, then the Pope loses and so do I. You see, there will be someone right in the end. That was my only point. I put my bet on Jesus being the Son of God, but if I ended up being wrong and another religion was right then I could very well be out. It's the reality of making a choice, then will be something that was right and wrong in the end.

That was my only point, not that I am more right or wrong than anyone. I just picked my winner like anyone else out there.

Oh, and I'm not really into pot, Jet. :)

And to your last point, I try to do what I've found the God of the bible to say is right or wrong, but I fail all the freckin' time. I don't think I have the ability to set standards for anyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Two topics seem to be at the discussion, Religion and Spirituality, and they seem to be confused at some times, but are very different. I was a Catholic my whole life, but not very spiritual. I was in Haiti 4 days after the earthquake and have become much more spiritual. Oh, I'm still a Catholic, and my experience has made me better in my religion, just as it would have if I was Jewish or Muslim.
Trying to decide what religion is right is like trying to decide what color is right. There is no answer, only belief.
But there is a right way and a wrong way. When I go back to Haiti to help my fellow man, I know I am on the right path. When I take my time to council a family member after I intubate their spouse/parent/child instead of going back to my business, I know I am on the right path.
And that has made all the difference in my life.

Two topics seem to be at the discussion, Religion and Spirituality, and they seem to be confused at some times, but are very different. I was a Catholic my whole life, but not very spiritual. I was in Haiti 4 days after the earthquake and have become much more spiritual. Oh, I'm still a Catholic, and my experience has made me better in my religion, just as it would have if I was Jewish or Muslim.
Trying to decide what religion is right is like trying to decide what color is right. There is no answer, only belief.
But there is a right way and a wrong way. When I go back to Haiti to help my fellow man, I know I am on the right path. When I take my time to council a family member after I intubate their spouse/parent/child instead of going back to my business, I know I am on the right path.
And that has made all the difference in my life.

Nicely said dude.

Almost every person on earth thinks they are doing the best they can under their circumstances. Few people really believe they are really bad morally.

That's because almost every person on earth is doing the best they can under their circumstances, and few people are really bad morally.

It's only a certain subset of religions that teach that everyone is inherently bad. It's unfortunate. People are, by and large, too hard on themselves.