Hey, jdub!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jdub:
•i just got an email for a university of washington interview. i am an alaskan wwami applicant and it is not until the 25th of january (they interview all wwami applicants during the second and third weeks of january). •••

My interview's not until Feb. 21. What do you suppose is up? Hope they didn't get a record number of apps this year!

Members don't see this ad.

wow, that is interesting. maybe they changed things up a bit this year? it just seems every time that i hear some kind of info pertaining to a particular school, it isn't quite true . . .

i felt kind of weird about my interview being on the 25th, cause last year it was on the 10th. so, maybe everything has shifted a few weeks?

anyhow, you sound like you're more than qualified and you seem really cool too and with all the other interviews you have gotten it sounds like med schools think so too, so i won't worry much about it, they'll probably be very glad to have you there.

best of luck.

btw, last year one of the docs who interviewed me flew down to seattle from anchorage, doesn't that seem kind of funny?

Originally posted by jdub:
•btw, last year one of the docs who interviewed me flew down to seattle from anchorage, doesn't that seem kind of funny?•••

I hear they do that every year. In fact I think I've even heard who the docs they're flying down this year are. I didn't know them, so don't remember the names.

Members don't see this ad :)
that is too bad you we don't know their names. we could have just happened to stop in one of there clinics and gotten to know them a little bit better before our interviews. :D

I would assume the Alaska faculty that interview you are from the <a href="http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/biomed/WWAMIfaculty.htm" target="_blank">Alaska WWAMI program</a>. The only person I know on that list is Dr. Srinivasan although he is not an M.D. That list may not be current since they don't have any new students listed since 1998.