hey new M1s!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AtYourCervix

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone starting med school this fall!! I just moved into my apartment in ann arbor (umich), where I will be starting classes in less than two weeks. I finally have internet access and just wanted to drop a line to all my fellow M1s who will be starting soon. I'm apprehensive, yet excited! Anyone else out there in my boat?

atyourcervix ;)

Members don't see this ad.

I am really aprehensive about starting medical school :eek: . As for most people, this new beginning is going to be life-altering for me. I decided that it would be best for me to live by my school, which means that I will not be living with my husband during the week. That is going to be really hard on me (and my husband, but he is very supportive). It is going to be really hard adjusting to how my present life is going to be uprooted. :(

Originally posted by AtYourCervix
Hey everyone starting med school this fall!! I just moved into my apartment in ann arbor (umich), where I will be starting classes in less than two weeks. I finally have internet access and just wanted to drop a line to all my fellow M1s who will be starting soon. I'm apprehensive, yet excited! Anyone else out there in my boat?

atyourcervix ;)

Hey girl, how are you?

I am SO excited for school! I'm moving into my apartment in about a week and orientation will start the day after. It's gonna be crazy, but I can't wait! :D (I bet I'll regret saying that in a month when I'll miss the lazy life...) ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey you!!!

i'm excited too, just wanted to wish you all a great year!!!

Starting one week from today, baby!

It still hasn't quite hit me yet. Probably because I haven't really started packing. I should get on that. :eek:

Good luck to everyone starting (and already started)!

Orientation tomorrow; classes on Monday. I am still waiting for someone to tap me on the shoulder and tell me that I am not supposed to be here.

Ditto on ewells. I have orientation tomorrow!!!:eek: But, I'm going to an orientation for parents (students are welcomed too) TONIGHT!!! I'll be meeting some of my new classmates in a matter of a few hours, and I am super psyched (and nervous;) ).

Lucky people. I have orientation in 135 hours, and can't wait. Of course tommorrow is the big sib little sib BBQ, so it will be kind of like going to medical school. In a way I wish I was going to med school with all of the SDRer people. We should start a SDN med school in LA.

Hmmm... All these semester people starting already. I've got another month to wait.

Originally posted by AtYourCervix

atyourcervix ;)
What's up, dirty? I love your username. :D

Hellz yeah, I'm nervous, but excited! Good luck to all you MS1 cats out there. :clap:

I have already started, and taken my first midterm. Nervous? Nah, I am having too much fun, but studying so much in the mean time. Good luck to all.

Best of luck to all!! I start orientation in 2 hours:eek: !! And I "meet my cadaver" in a few days!!

Bring on the smell of formaldehyde!!
:)

Today will be my fourth day of orientation. It's been exciting and fun at times, but now its just getting plain boring. Everyone is getting pretty sick of orientation. One guy even told me, "I've never felt so oriented in my entire life." :laugh: But this time next week, we will be wishing for orientation.

p.s. I'm getting scared of anatomy!! Everyone keeps talking about it like its horrible....:eek:

I'm very apprehensive of what classes will be like. We have orientation on Aug 17th (a Saturday :eek: ) and classes start on Monday. However, I have been relieving some of stress by playing basketball w/ some of my future classmates and MS 2's. Everyone has been really helpful in easing my tension. Now I'm ready for intramurals!!!!

:laugh: