Hey ppl!! :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spycat007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! How u all doing? I just joined! I am giving my MCAT exam in August probably! I need all the help I can get since there are no MCAT Tutors available in the part of world I live in! I have started with Biological Sciences section since its the most lengthy than others. Any suggestions or help would be highly appreciated!
PS or u can just drop in a hi! cheers tc bye!
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! How u all doing? I just joined! I am giving my MCAT exam in August probably! I need all the help I can get since there are no MCAT Tutors available in the part of world I live in! I have started with Biological Sciences section since its the most lengthy than others. Any suggestions or help would be highly appreciated!
PS or u can just drop in a hi! cheers tc bye!
:)

:welcome: to SDN. I'm gonna guess that you're not gonna get many responses here just because your question is so vague, but that's ok. I think some people will try to help anyway.

I think the general consensus here is that practice tests are very very crucial. You need to go over all the content and then do lots and lots of tests. After each test, go over every problem, not just the ones you missed. You may have gotten lucky on some question you really didn't know the answer to. From there, go back over the content you were strong on and continue the practicing.

Also, the MCAT in my opinion is becoming more and more of a critical thinking and logic test. A lot of the info needed for the answers can be found in the passage and outside info isn't as important as it used to be. However, this generally means that the passages are trickier to understand and that the best background info to know is the theory, not the details. Don't get me wrong, knowing what happens (BS) and memorizing formulas (PS) is important, but it is also super important to know WHY. While studying, be sure to ask yourself the "why" kinds of questions.

So summarizing, these are the important things to think about while studying - 1. content review 2. practice tests 3. logic/critical thinking skills 4. theory (focus on the big picture instead of details)

Hey! :) thanks for your kind reply! Yah i guess i wont b getting many replies :p But any way no worries. About the practice tests, I shall look forward to them as soon as I am done with theory. But what bothers me is that the theory of BS is so vast and lengthy that I am unable to cramp up everything. Do you know any website where I can get flash cards from and any tips of how to manage my time? Tc. Thanks once more.

Hey! :) thanks for your kind reply! Yah i guess i wont b getting many replies :p But any way no worries. About the practice tests, I shall look forward to them as soon as I am done with theory. But what bothers me is that the theory of BS is so vast and lengthy that I am unable to cramp up everything. Do you know any website where I can get flash cards from and any tips of how to manage my time? Tc. Thanks once more.

I don't. Sorry. Anyone else??????