Hey Touro Students: Is Touro receptive to AMA Chapters on campus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaw2107

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's the question. Also, is this even beneficial?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. We are currently in the process of having an AMSA chapter approved at TouroCOM-NY. As a new school we've had to start all the clubs ourself this first year.

There are a number of benefits, they're listed on the AMSA website here: http://www.amsa.org/member/benefits.cfm

Thanks Colbert. I was wondering if you could let me know what other student organizations/clubs are up and running now. I know some schools have clubs for different specialties, etc. What kind of stuff does Touro have?

By the time you guys are here next year we will have a lot of clubs up and running. That said, if there's any club or interest group you don't see or we don't have then the administration is very supportive of starting clubs. Plus it sounds a lot cooler at an interview when you say you've founded a club than you were just a member. Anyway, off the top my of my head, we have...

SOMA, AMSA, Undergraduate American Academy of Osteopathy (UAAO), Emergency Medicine, Wilderness Medicine, Pediatrics, Surgery, Women's Health/OBGYN, Students for Choice. There might be a few more that I can't think of.

Hope that helps. And again these are just the clubs we've set up in the first year of the school, so if there's a club you want that we don't have you can start getting the information for how to set it up this summer from the national organizations or our student council (PM me if you want their contact info).