Hey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swifteagle43

Lover- not a fighter
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can claim to be poor so the government pays for my medical school?

Is there a way to qualify for being poor so the government pays for medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure the government would love to pay for your medical school - as long as you join the army, navy or air force. You could also apply for the National Health Service Corps scholarship, but you have to want to go into a primary care field.

Members don't see this ad :)
swifteagle43 said:
Does anyone know how I can claim to be poor so the government pays for my medical school?

Is there a way to qualify for being poor so the government pays for medical school?

Not really, but you can take out copious amounts of LOANS that you'll have to pay back once you're a successful doc.

swifteagle43 said:

Everyone is poor when it comes to paying for med school. :(

Do an MD/PhD...easiest way to not sign your life away to govt and still get med school paid for...just kidding don't try this approach unless you know what you are getting into...also if you are smart stuff like the Jack Cooke Kent scholarships are out there that provide a full ride and living stipend...two options...albeit difficult options to attain

Wear a sombrero.

Apply to schools famous for giving good aid, or merit schollies.