Quantcast

hey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ownage

Removed
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I have C in Tennis C- in weightlifting and D in swimming. It is not that I am not very good in sports. In fact, I am actually very athletic and have muscular body. I never cared about these classes. I realize that my GPA is not so hot as a result: 3.8. How is this going to be perceived. do u think adcoms look at transcripts and are they going to think I am fat.

DirtyJustice

Reaction score
I have C in Tennis C- in weightlifting and D in swimming. It is not that I am not very good in sports. In fact, I am actually very athletic and have muscular body. I never cared about these classes. I realize that my GPA is not so hot as a result: 3.8. How is this going to be perceived. do u think adcoms look at transcripts and are they going to think I am fat.

First off, a 3.8 is a pretty darn GOOD gpa to have.

Secondly, even if they do think you are fat (which they wont; they will most likely think you are not dedicated to "non-important" things) they can't hold that against you. During my interviews, I saw many med students that were fat.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Comedy is not your strong suit. I would not list that as an activity on amcas.

Midwestern Blot

All-American
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would say they are most likely going to think you are fat. They will shun you for becoming part of America's ongoing obesity problem.

orthomyxo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have c in tennis c- in weightlifting and d in swimming. It is not that i am not very good in sports. In fact, i am actually very athletic and have muscular body. I never cared about these classes. I realize that my gpa is not so hot as a result: 3.8. How is this going to be perceived. Do u think adcoms look at transcripts and are they going to think i am fat.
troll fail

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This has to be the worst recent troll attempt I remember.

There have been a ton lately.

If it isn't a troll - it's just lame.

This is 100%, without a doubt, a troll. And a terrible one at that.

PreMedder

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This has to be the worst recent troll attempt I remember.

There have been a ton lately.

If it isn't a troll - it's just lame.
Woah - wait a second... if you don't think that thread about the 5 MCAT retakes was the worst recent troll attempt, then... :scared:

ownage

Removed
Reaction score
How is this a troll attempt. It is a legitimate concern. I don't want to be perceived as something I am not. I think I know my way out of this. I am going to write down hobbies and I am going to say that I attend gym every day(which I do) and that will put their concerns to rest. When I said my 3.8 is not so hot I didn't mean that it was not good. I meant that it could have been 3.9ish.

Only a fat dude would find this thread trollish. So thanks for letting us know your fat. Go get ur fat ass to the gym

Danlee07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
And plus...those classes are supposed to be pass/fail.........

BBender716

Med school drop out!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is this a troll attempt. It is a legitimate concern. I don't want to be perceived as something I am not. I think I know my way out of this. I am going to write down hobbies and I am going to say that I attend gym every day(which I do) and that will put their concerns to rest. When I said my 3.8 is not so hot I didn't mean that it was not good. I meant that it could have been 3.9ish.

Only a fat dude would find this thread trollish. So thanks for letting us know your fat. Go get ur fat ass to the gym

If this didn't prove it, I don't know what will.

morning

butane in my veins
Reaction score

Naw, adcoms love curvy applicants. You can't even get into Harvard if you're not a BBW.

phantomx87

Wishing I was a bum
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title your PS "More Cushion for the Pushin'"... Maybe include a dramatic reading with "Baby Got Back" playing in the background...

Or just say that your nickname was "lunchbox" or "tons-o-fun" growing up. If I were an adcom, I would accept you. Rolls and all.