HHMI-NIH research scholars program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiddenTruth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone, or is anyone in the HHMI-NIH research scholars program? I would like to know a bit more information abt the program. Also, how appealing is this on a CV and is it actually worth taking a year off med school to take part in something like this....i have heard that most residency programs like to see that a student does some research while in medical school to see that they are eligible to conduct some type of research and at the same time be focussed with school; however, i would assume that since this is a known program and requires a yr off and is selective, that it would definately be appealing..let me know some feedback and especailly ppl who have done it and put it on thier cv and what program directors had to say abt it...any bit of information abt the program would help.

I am a year 3 medical student in a 6 year program (technically a first year med student)...just to provde you with some background...thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

hey thanks a lot..i needed a more PERSONAL perspective rather than what they have to say....wouldnt u think i already have that website if im inquiring abt the program....

Members don't see this ad :)
no, i didn't make that assumption.

HiddenTruth I PM'd you...