Hi All What are my chances??? THANKS!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonny Seed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for all that you do for all of us!

I'm 29 with a Bus Admin degree with 3.8 GPA and 1210 SAT.

You know what my chances are to get into maybe Goucher or Johns Hopkins Post-bacc? Anyone else going to these that can share?

Thanks again to all and to all thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

current and former students in those programs can be found in the postbac forum under interdisciplinary

GPA is good and SAT is fine (I was admitted to a post bac program and decided not to attend). They are going to grill you about why do you want to go to medical school and really look at your volunteer experience. Best of luck!

Hello and thanks for all that you do for all of us!

I'm 29 with a Bus Admin degree with 3.8 GPA and 1210 SAT.

You know what my chances are to get into maybe Goucher or Johns Hopkins Post-bacc? Anyone else going to these that can share?

Thanks again to all and to all thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA is good and SAT is fine (I was admitted to a post bac program and decided not to attend). They are going to grill you about why do you want to go to medical school and really look at your volunteer experience. Best of luck!
Thanks so much - it looks like Goucher and Bryn Mawr take people from some prestigious schools and backgrounds. Is 100 hours considered good?

I would check the forums for those programs for a little more guidance in the number of hours (100 is in the range) but essentially the programs want to make sure that 1) are committed to medicine and 2) have a solid understanding of what you are getting into. They really don't want someone to enroll and then drop because they realized med isn't for them as it hurts their admission statistics / funding for the program. Just be prepared to talk about "why medicine at 29" with an answer that goes beyond the standard "help people" and you should be fine. Best of luck1

Thanks so much - it looks like Goucher and Bryn Mawr take people from some prestigious schools and backgrounds. Is 100 hours considered good?