Hi! can some please answer! I have a dental application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoRony

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to apply in July or August of this year, right after my DAT. I want to have everything set and ready and as soon as my DAT is done I like to apply the same day. I would like to get my application in with all the requested materials ( which I am not fully sure yet) as soon as possible.

What are the exact materials I would need?

Transcript? I heard it has to be official, so would I submit that or my school?
DAT score
Letter of recommendation, I assume my Professors and Dentist I shadowed have to upload that from their computer?

Am I missing anything else on this list?

Any advice you would give to make this process fast and better?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning to apply in July or August of this year, right after my DAT. I want to have everything set and ready and as soon as my DAT is done I like to apply the same day. I would like to get my application in with all the requested materials ( which I am not fully sure yet) as soon as possible.

DAT score
Letter of recommendation, I assume my Professors and Dentist I shadowed have to upload that from their computer?

Thanks!
How to Get Into Dental School: A Free Admissions Guide • SDN | Student Doctor Network

there are also some links in Artist2022's signature...

Also, I would recommend getting your app in when the cycle opens in early June. It doesn’t matter if your DAT isn’t in yet, it’s always best to submit your app as soon as possible.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

DAT score

Thanks!
1. transcripts you have to request on the AADSAS applicant portal, your school will directly send it to AADSAS. It takes AADSAS about 2 weeks to verify your transcripts.
2. Ask for letters of recc early as possible (april would be ideal) that way they have 2 months to complete the letter and yes they will send it directly to AADSAS, and you wont be able to see what they wrote, but you will be notified that they have submitted a letter
3. Again DAT score has to be verified it does take a bit of time, but as mentioned in this thread submit even if your DAT official isn't out yet.
4. Personal statement you upload directly but seriously start working on it now so you can proof read it and get feedback from friends/profs etc. It sounds basic but trust me writing the personal statement is harder than you think
good luck!!

Also, I would recommend getting your app in when the cycle opens in early June. It doesn’t matter if your DAT isn’t in yet, it’s always best to submit your app as soon as possible.
Thanks!

1. transcripts you have to request on the AADSAS applicant portal, your school will directly send it to AADSAS. It takes AADSAS about 2 weeks to verify your transcripts.
2. Ask for letters of recc early as possible (april would be ideal) that way they have 2 months to complete the letter and yes they will send it directly to AADSAS, and you wont be able to see what they wrote, but you will be notified that they have submitted a letter
3. Again DAT score has to be verified it does take a bit of time, but as mentioned in this thread submit even if your DAT official isn't out yet.
4. Personal statement you upload directly but seriously start working on it now so you can proof read it and get feedback from friends/profs etc. It sounds basic but trust me writing the personal statement is harder than you think
good luck!!
Thanks