hi everyone im new

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madaboutmed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone
i dont really know whether this is the correct forum and i am sorry if it isnt( i made this mistake before and i double checked this time , but you never know) .
actually i have recently joined SDN so I am kind of nervous.
I cleared cbse AI PMT this year with a 1292 rank and am looking forward to joining college(mbbs). however i am really confused :scared: about which state i should take
maharashtra- gmc nagpur( infamous for ragging?)
rgmc thane
any idea whether it takes longer to complete medical here than in any other state? Bond?
Madhya Pradesh any of Indore, bhopal, gwalior-which one is good?
is meerut a good college?
what about Gmc mysore?
if any of you out there can offer any kind of help at all, i would be really greatful
thanks a lot
madaboutmed

Members don't see this ad.

madaboutmed said:
hello everyone
i dont really know whether this is the correct forum and i am sorry if it isnt( i made this mistake before and i double checked this time , but you never know) .

can't say you are wrong. Only thing is that native premed student dont visit this forum. Most of the guys here are NRIs.

I cleared cbse AI PMT this year with a 1292 rank and am looking forward to joining college(mbbs). however i am really confused :scared: about which state i should take

what state do you belong? anyway if your planning to take admission in maharashtra, go ahead. there is little on no discrimination against outsiders in MH colleges. Its only that all india student themselves to flock around with their kind.

maharashtra- gmc nagpur( infamous for ragging?)
rgmc thane
any idea whether it takes longer to complete medical here than in any other state? Bond?

GMC and IGMC Ngp were infamous for ragging till recently but i have heard that the incidence of ragging has come down sharply. anyway the incidence of ragging is lower all over maharashtra as compared to other states. Maharashtra also have a strong anti ragging rules which have helped to bring down the incidence of ragging.

I dont think there is much to choose between GMC and RGMC, thane. It just depends on your regional preference.

duration of MBBS degree is still 4 1/2 + 1 yr internship with an option of externship. I dont know about govt college bonds but if you taking admission in a MCGM college you have sign a bond for 1 yr service whenever called upon before 5yrs of graduation, failing it you have to pay some 2 lakh rupees or something.. i dont remember it clearly... anyway its never implemented govt dont have enough money to pay doctors if they decide to implement the bonds.

Madhya Pradesh any of Indore, bhopal, gwalior-which one is good?
is meerut a good college?
what about Gmc mysore?
if any of you out there can offer any kind of help at all, i would be really greatful
thanks a lot
madaboutmed

no idea regarding these places but i would like to advise that if you are not getting admission in a reputed institute there is no point in going far off from you native place. if you are not getting admission in say top 15 med colleges then you should stick to nearest govt. med college in your state. Hope this helps.

Congrats first of all for clearing All India Pre Medical Exam
You may check about bond period ..etc on Ministry of Health Affairs Website..
http://www.mohfw.nic.in/newmbbspg/mbbs_up_scan/mbbs2005.htm
Well i got 4k rank in aipmt..but cleared private college exam..DY,Manipal,Mah.CET,BVP
Well i live in mp ..so if you are going to take mp go 4 Indore.MGMMC indore..It is best amongst other three.Well i saw alumni of college..They include Dr. C.S. Ranawat, USA -Surgeon and Dr.B.D Chaurasia Famous author (www.mgmmcindore.com)..
Hope it helps

Members don't see this ad :)
rahuldp said:
Congrats first of all for clearing All India Pre Medical Exam
You may check about bond period ..etc on Ministry of Health Affairs Website..
http://www.mohfw.nic.in/newmbbspg/mbbs_up_scan/mbbs2005.htm
Well i got 4k rank in aipmt..but cleared private college exam..DY,Manipal,Mah.CET,BVP
Well i live in mp ..so if you are going to take mp go 4 Indore.MGMMC indore..It is best amongst other three.Well i saw alumni of college..They include Dr. C.S. Ranawat, USA -Surgeon and Dr.B.D Chaurasia Famous author (www.mgmmcindore.com)..
Hope it helps

hey thanks...congrats to you too for clearing all those exams! i checked the mohfw site , but its a little vague on such matters and when i searched the stuff on google i got totally confused...apparently there are different rules about the bond for AIQ students and state students...kinda wierd..yeah had the opportunity to talk to a doctor yesterday who was from indore and studied there ...he said the same things as you :thumbup: ....where are you planning to join by the way? or are you already in college? thanks again and all the best!

hi there

congratulations to both (madaboutmed and rahuldp) for clearing out the med. exams. I think choosing a medical school is a very big step towards ur career, so u shud really think abt it. try one of the india's top medical school. theres one good med. school in delhi, pune, bangalore (i dont know the names as i m not in india). but keep looking. dont ever rush in decision-making.
so...good luck for ur future!!!

congrats both of u guys:thumbup: well begun is half done.u got through it great half job done.
not worry abt raggin.its da trend n happens everywhere.im at mamc,delhi raggin just abt breakin ice between freshers.samjheee fatcha jee.:D
enjoy!!!!!!

n gud luck for great career ahead

hey thanks ... have already joined college now...ure in mamc ..thats great! is it your first year? as far as ragging is concerned , well theres quite a bit of it going on here:D and truly, its not so bad, just irritating once in awhile.

would it be too much ofa bother if i asked you to post the books that are being used there in the 1st prof? specifically for biochem? theres a lot of confusion at my college and mamc has always been considered a sort of standard as far as medical education goes....
well anyway thanks again..

Thank you simply_me n abhishek..I too hv joined college...Love to learn somethin new everyday(),,
So Madaboutmed..have you bought all books..I Bought BDC(Ana) ,,U Satyanarayan(Bioc)...Still hv to go thru..Guyton or Ganong..to choose from..

hi rahuldp...where have you joined finally? ...yeah hav pretty much bought al my books...iv taken guyton and a. k. jain for physiology, was advised against ganong( for 1st prof that ts) , satyanarayan for biochem, BDC for anatomy, IB singh for embryology...