Hi Friends- Need advice about the ranking of these programs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

excellence

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,

Can you please rank these programs based on how good they are and their reputation. I am confused with the ranking, please help me. My place of preference is New Jersey(although I dont really mind going elsewhere too) and I would like to pursue a fellowship later in Cardiology.

1. UMDNJ, Camden
2. University of Louisville
3. Indiana University, Indianapolis
4. University of Kentucky, Lexington
5. University of Connecticut
6. Wayne State Univ, Detroit
7. Henry Ford hospital, Detroit
8. Suny at Stony brook, NY
9. St. Lukes Roosevelt, NY
10. UMDNJ, Newark
11. University of Oklahoma

I feel some of the other programs I interviewed are better than both the UMDNJ s in New Jersey. Please give in your valuable inputs. Atleast rank the top 5 programs for me.

Members don't see this ad.

By the way all the programs are for Internal Medicine.

This is not what you are asking for, but just choose which programs you liked the most. None of those programs are going to boost you to a new level more than the other, you will dictate your growth as a resident by working hard and being a good team player. There is no system for ranking such programs, you need to rely on your own impressions and rank accordingly. Best wishes.

Members don't see this ad :)
i would say indiana university and umdnj have the best reputation out of your list. however, i am not sure which one is the main umdnj program.

Hi Friends,

Can you please rank these programs based on how good they are and their reputation. I am confused with the ranking, please help me. My place of preference is New Jersey(although I dont really mind going elsewhere too) and I would like to pursue a fellowship later in Cardiology.

1. UMDNJ, Camden
10. UMDNJ, Newark

I feel some of the other programs I interviewed are better than both the UMDNJ s in New Jersey. Please give in your valuable inputs. Atleast rank the top 5 programs for me.

Hi Friends,

1. UMDNJ, Camden
10. UMDNJ, Newark

Hi,

The only one I interviewed at from your list was Wayne State, I liked the program, the res and the faculty, I think their fellowship list was pretty solid. That being said, you should go to each one of their fellowship lists and see who has the best matches for cardiology.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But in some of the cases the impressions are the same. So I am really not able to decide. My top 3-4 choices are slightly confusing.

I think Indiana, Lousville, UMDNJ camden(because it is in new jersey) are right up there. May be with Connecticut,Kentucky to follow.

All your inputs are welcome.

Go wherever you felt most comfortable and will be happy living at. With a list such as yours I think it really boils down to location more than anything else given how similar these programs are in reputation

you can try www.scutwork.com to help you further de-liniate (sp?)

goodluck!!:luck: