1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

hi friends

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by swavas, Dec 7, 2008.

1. swavas

swavas Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi all,
    i know i might a sound a bit boring but here goes....
    I am an international dentist from India.
    I am currently in NJ and thinking about moving to Dallas,TX.
    so,please can anybody let me know the opportunities for foreign trained dentists in Dallas ie is there an IDP program in Dallas ,If not what else can we study to get licensure in Dallas.
    I read somewhere that doing a masters program in a clinical specialty will allow us to practice,is it true for Dallas,TX?

Thanks for taking the time to look into this post

swavas

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dagu123

dagu123 LLU Class of 2011.
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    do you already have the license to practice in USA? I dont think so. in that case, you will need to study DDS first to get the license. Studying MS will not qualift to get the license. Also it will be too challenging the get the admission in MS without DDS degree.

BTW - there is no IDP school in Dallas. You have to go out of the Dallas for IDP.

4. swavas

swavas Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

hi dagu,
    thank u for the response
    even i thought of the same thing,they are asking for gre score for MS program,so I thought better to study for part-1 and get into a college here in nj or ny itself..............like they say " a known Devil is better than an unknown Angel":) :)
    Thanks again and Regards

swavas