Hi Guys -- need help on admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

primerz

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am planning on applying for medical school next year for 2006. After the Spring of that year, I will be close to recieving a Bachelor's degree which I hope I will recieve after the Fall of 2005. I know a lot of medical schools recommend a person applying that already has a Bachelor's degree, but are there any of you out there that have been accepted prior to recieving your degrees? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You apply the summer before your last full year of bachelorhood. So if you're applying for Fall 2006 admission, as long as you're done by Spring 2006, you're on the regular schedule. Some schools would in theory let you finish during the summer, but check their individual policies on this. They almost all have a statement to the effect of: "all applicants must have completed a bacclaureate degree by [some date usually summer]."

Since you are anticipating a Fall graduation, you're ahead of the game. My advice? If you can, take your time, take a few classes that'll be enjoyable during the spring. The lighter your load throughout the cycle, the more manageable it will be to apply, go to interviews, do secondaries, write letters, keep up with EC's/grades, etc. You're money baby. Don't fret. Give us a hug.

"last full year of bachelorhood"...reminds of my cousins's bachelor party in Las Vegas last summer

Originally posted by thekegalman
"last full year of bachelorhood"...reminds of my cousins's bachelor party in Las Vegas last summer

I wish it reminded me of your cousin's bachelor party. Unfortunately the only recollections I have from that weekend were from the pictures I saw later.

Did I really do a belly dance for 20 drunken sailors? And where did I get the gypsy costume? And why am I handcuffed to a car door still? Tell your cousin I said "congrats" again, I can't remember if I ever actually SAID it. But god knows I lived it...