Hi, I am admitted to CSUF (Cal State Fullerton) and University of Missouri Kansas City (Out of stat)

maslowth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am admitted to CSUF (Cal State Fullerton) and University of Missouri Kansas City (Out of stat) with majoring Biology. Which school has a better for Medical School Admission? Any advice is welcomed.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am admitted to CSUF (Cal State Fullerton) and University of Missouri Kansas City (Out of stat) with majoring Biology. Which school has a better for Medical School Admission? Any advice is welcomed.

Wont make a big difference. Go to whichever school is cheaper. If they cost the same go to the school you like better.

Reactions: 1 user

UMKC has a medical school tied down to it and has numerous research opportunities available including the Stowers Medical Research Institute next door. Idk what CSU Fullerton has but having these resources in undergrad is always nice. If UMKC is much more expensive than CSUF then stick with CSU. You will have very little advantage admissions wise at UMKC because the majority of their med students are through the accelerated 6 year track from high school. I have however met a student who entered through the traditional 4 year track and was from CA originally.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
CSU Fullerton only had 38 applicants to medical school last year.
Total enrollment is almost 39,000. About 33,00 are undergrads.
It would appear that very, very few of their students make it to the application phase.
Clearly, it is possible to apply from CSUF. It just doesn't happen very often...

Reactions: 1 users
If you work hard enough, you will get where you need to go. The school you goto, unless its an ivy league school, doesn't matter as much.