Hi.. I Got My Result..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPerio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.. i just wanted to thank all of you for my result. I got 93% in Part 1 NBDE. I really believe that if i could do it anyone can, as i studied for barely 2 months, about 6 hrs a day, perhaps about 8 hrs nearing the test date. And since i graduated in 1998, it was one difficult nostalgia trip reading those subjects again. I read the decks, previous q papers, but what helped me the most was the q bank. It really helped me evaluate if I had understood the topics or not. I found the Kaplan course very helpful too. But the thing i realised the most was that one needs to be really rested on the day of the exam. The more you use your common sense and stop trying to remember the stuff you have crammed, the better you would do.

In case anybody is interested in the 2006-2007 decks (excellent condition), brand new Kaplan book ( I already had one taken from a friend) and a few other question books, u can pm me.

Best of luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

Good luck on your test. I would like to get the question book from you. Can you let me know the details and price of that. Thank you.

Hi ihave recently come dwn to usa i have done my bds in india. came to gv my nbde part 1. can u pls gv me ur books an guidence. reg books i will pay if u say the price.and require a suggestion as iam planning to take my part 1 in june i s the tme enough for preparation and hw many extra copies of ece reports do i need.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrates. thats a great score.is the question book same as asda question sets. plz let me know.thanks.

Hi Drperio, its a awesome score. You did it. Congratualtions . Wish you good luck for your future.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR BEST WISHES.. as a foreign applicant the first exam is always the toughest as you dont know how you would measure up.

There a few things that i realised from this exam:
Anatomy: be thorough with the upper limb and neuroanatomy. I think there were about 3-4 questions on my paper which i screwed up. Try to look up the atlas to have an idea of where the structures really are. the step 1 guide was great for anatomy.

Biochem-physio: when u are cramming the decks, try to relate it and understand the physiology portion of it.I had a lot of questions on the renal system, which needed only simple reasoning.

In my paper the anatomy and physio-biochem questions looked really familiar,though i cant really say where they picked them up. I liked the Kaplan q bank bcos it does not test how much u have crammed but how much u have understood the topic. I did the question papers only once, decks and step 1 guide thrice, and the kaplan book once, though i saw a few biochem tapes from the USMLE dvds too.

Micro-Path: It rained CHLAMYDIA and Gonococci, not one repeat. In Pathology the tumours were so much in detail that i just guessed in a lot of them. This is where Q bank helped me. their 1 month 1000 quest, micro - path section is equally tough.

DA: incidentally i spent 2 hrs on this part alone and i got a 97 on it. Just use your common sense. the questions are not at all difficult just new ones. there were no repeats here, not one. I revised the entire exam incl DA twice.
And since i had done the practise tests of 400 questions, sitting in one go in 4 hrs, everyday, for the last 2 weeks before the exam, I could still think when i was doing my DA paper.

And finally, PRAY.:)

P.s.: for any of the above books, please pm me.