Hi! I'm baaaaaccckkkkkkk...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mystique

The Procrastinator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Did anyone miss me??! Did you even realize I was away?! :eek:

I'm back at home after my two weeks of interviews and joy trips! I think this must be the longest period of time away from SDN. I'm going to have to get caught up on threads in the next few days. Speaking of...I can't believe some of the new threads that have evolved here and there...I'm going to have to put my 2 cents in.

Anyways, so my interviews went well, but my trips were just strange yet exciting. On one of my flights, a big gentleman wanted to exhange his first class seat for two coach seats, and so he asked me (of all people...strange), and I was more than happy to oblige. So, I"m seated in first class next to someone who looks like Brad Pitt (no joke). We had some light conversation throughout the flight. When we arrived in NY, I wasn't able to find my friends who were supposed to pick me up. This is one of those "Scooby" moments coming up....I came across my mysterious Brad Pitt look alike and he offered me a ride. I thought over it for a moment and thought of all the dangers involved but in the end I gave in b/c the guy had offered to carry a disgruntled baby for a female passenger earlier (my female intuition told me I'd be safe), so he took me to his car...or rather his limousine!!! I got to ride in a limousine for the first time in my 22 yrs of living! It was the best!! I had the time of my life, and the guy must have thought I was nuts the way I was acting like a 7 yr old. I sat in a seat facing the opposite way, and wow, it's so awesome seeing everything from the other side in a car! Anyways, so he drove me to my friends' apt and let me off. Two days later I was shopping in NY and as I'm browsing the clothing racks, I get pushed and practically lifted off my feet by this guy running for the entrance/exit doors. Yep, I got pushed down and injured by a shoplifter in the Big Apple!! I can't believe my luck. I was in some pain b/c my ankle was twisted, and the first person to actually come and help me was get this....the Mr. Brad Pitt look-a-like! Of all places...!!!! This dude must have been my guardian angel in NY! So, I go to the hospital and get my ankle taken care of and then head off to catch a plane for my interviews. At all of my interviews, the interviewers gave me the first class treatment...they were all so concerned about my comfort. When they asked about my injury and I told them how it came about, they became mother/father figures! So, here's a helpful hint...Go break a leg before an interview....I'm not just being literal here!!! ;) ;)

I've got to go and cram for an Immunology final tomorrow. It's going to be a LOOONNNGGGG night. But, I can't wait to come back here tomorrow and add my input to all the new and interesting threads that have appeared since my "exodus" from SDN!

It's good to be back, and congrats to those of you who have gotten accepted these past 2 weeks!

:) :)

Members don't see this ad.

It was fun meeting you in first class Pendelum...I have been told I look like Brad Pitt countless times!
I'm glad you enjoyed our little limo ride...and that's good you didn't go into the details of our night together b/c you know..I have to preserve my "relationships" on SDN..
Once again, it was a pleasure meeting you :D :D :p :p :cool: :cool:

Glad you had fun!!!

welcome back,
It sounds like you had quite an interesting journey.

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome back! Just curious, but how many schools were you interviewing at that you took two weeks off? Or are there some details that you and Scooby are leaving out? :D :D

New York is a big city, so it's quite a coincidence that you ran into the Brad Pitt look-alike a second time. Have you considered the possibility that he was stalking you? :p

Pendulum,

I am disappointed that you didnt look me up while you were in NYC. Instead you were out galavanting around with Scooby. And I think Bob is right, Scooby asked to borrow my limo so that he can go stalk some chick. It would be a pretty big coincidence to run into the same guy in NY, let alone running in to him again just at the airport.

By the way, were you in Macy's when you got pushed. If so, it looks like we met while you were in NYC afterall.

Pendulum, once again, thank you for offering your coach seats to me. I stopped by NYC to pick up some imported bags of coal (for naughty premeds like scooby) before heading back to the 'pole. My big jolly belly always needs extra space in those small airplanes. Its not as roomy as my sleigh (even with all those presents). Its good that you kept my identity subtle. Saying that you met me would shock most premeds like Watcha who don't believe in me anymore.

Nick.

Of all the funny threads I've read in this forum, this is the bestest and the funniest! I had to laugh out loud, and I work in a quiet, sterile environment. :D

I'm getting strange looks. Back to work.

I say, it's time to go see Oceans 11. This must be an omen...Good luck on your Immuno final, I had mine today and it was tough!

to PENDULUM:
Am cracking up, rolling on the ground, laughing! Not only b/c your story was refreshingly entertaining, but esp. b/c I am absolutely excited that I will (hopefully) be going to school with people such as yourself. It so just happens that I am a crazed spirit that simply can not stay put, and am in a constant search of similar individuals with whom I could waste my valuable energy on cracking up and rolling on the ground instead of studying. Can't wait for next year!! Life is good!! (Even though have not had a single interview yet). But before I start hearing back, and have any chance of plunging into the depths of bottomless depression, I am begging all of my wonderful future fellow med students TO PLEASE TAKE LIFE WITH A LITTLE HUMOR!!!! Thank you.

to PENDULUM:
Am cracking up, rolling on the ground, laughing! Not only b/c your story was refreshingly entertaining, but esp. b/c I am absolutely excited that I will (hopefully) be going to school with people such as yourself. It so just happens that I am a crazed spirit that simply can not stay put, and am in a constant search of similar individuals with whom I could waste my valuable energy on cracking up and rolling on the ground instead of studying. Can't wait for next year!! Life is good!! (Even though have not had a single interview yet). But before I start hearing back, and have any chance of plunging into the depths of bottomless depression, I am begging all of my wonderful future fellow med students TO PLEASE TAKE LIFE WITH A LITTLE HUMOR!!!! Thank you.

This will probably be moved to the lounge.

This should not be moved to the lounge due to the interview experience.

Welcome back. What a great memory you have from your interview. Hope everything works out for the best. :D :D :D
Amy

Originally posted by Amy Beth:
•This should not be moved to the lounge due to the interview experience.•••

You got it. That's exactly why it's staying here.

I hope everyone can see a pattern starting:

1. Post related to applying to allopathic med school - it stays in pre-allopathic forum.
2. Post not related to applying to allopathic med school - it goes away.

I wish that people would post unrelated things in the appropriate forums in the first place, so I don't have to move 'em. :)

Originally posted by Jamier2:

You got it. That's exactly why it's staying here.

•••

Sorry, if this thread was iffy, Jamier2. I'll finish it up and let it rest. I put it in here b/c it was somewhat pertinent to interviews.

;)

Originally posted by Scooby Doo:
•It was fun meeting you in first class Pendelum...I have been told I look like Brad Pitt countless times!
I'm glad you enjoyed our little limo ride...and that's good you didn't go into the details of our night together b/c you know..I have to preserve my "relationships" on SDN..
Once again, it was a pleasure meeting you :D :D :p :p :cool: :cool:

Glad you had fun!!!•••

Scooby! I can't believe you let on that it was you! How will the rest of YOUR women feel after reading this? There are going to be catfights erupting left and right!!! I'll be sure to keep the details of our time in the limo hush hush...I wouldn't want to make anyone jealous! Thanks for the good time, Scoobs. I'm so glad you were able to clone yourself and be in two places at once! What a medical accomplishment! ;)

Originally posted by md2be06:
•Welcome back! Just curious, but how many schools were you interviewing at that you took two weeks off? Or are there some details that you and Scooby are leaving out? :D :D •••

Thanks for the welcome, md2be06. I only had two interviews during the two weeks, but one of my best friends got married while I was up there. So, I went to her wedding and bachelorette party and visited some friends I hadn't seen in ages. I wish all my northern schools had interviewed me all at once! I can only dream...
Hope all is well w/ you!

AND TO THE REST OF YOU,

You are all so creative!! You should think about writing stories as a side job! Seriously, I laughed so hard when I read what you guys added my eyes are watering!

Crazed,
I couldn't agree w/ you more! I love laughing w/ my friends! You're my kind of friend! My friens and I will amuse each other for hours on end just to avoid opening up our books. Too bad we've got to spend laughing time studying! :(

Goatboy,
I didn't look YOU up b/c I was under the assumption that your time was fully occupied by your man boobs! If I had known otherwise, well...you never know.... ;) ;)

6to8 Weeks,
You're welcome! I suspected as much... Make sure to stop by my humble abode this year. Pendulum has been very good. She's been on her best behavior ever since her trip back home. (We won't go into what happened before then...) ;) ;)

Amy Beth,
Thanks for the best wishes! Hope things work out for you too! OR, have they already? I'm so behind I don't know if there's been new dvlpmnts in acceptances. :)