hi need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ITSME

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have just completed my bds from india.i am not very clear about the prep req for nbde.i have decks, kaplan material, and my texts.but is it necessary to read everything ?which i dunno if it is possible as i am planning to take up my exams in sept or october..some say decks are not sufficient...i have finished my toefl only...

Members don't see this ad.

hey..u need to have the kaplan review materials,decks,asda test reprints and usmle first aid book for ur prepn..!it is true decks is not enough for..u need to study good books to have a conceptual understanding of subjects!
so..how did ur toefl go...?
all the best! :thumbup:
ITSME said:
i have just completed my bds from india.i am not very clear about the prep req for nbde.i have decks, kaplan material, and my texts.but is it necessary to read everything ?which i dunno if it is possible as i am planning to take up my exams in sept or october..some say decks are not sufficient...i have finished my toefl only...

fido! said:
hey..u need to have the kaplan review materials,decks,asda test reprints and usmle first aid book for ur prepn..!it is true decks is not enough for..u need to study good books to have a conceptual understanding of subjects!

i guess toefl was ok. got a 277/300. how did ur nbde go?

Members don't see this ad :)
ITSME said:
i guess toefl was ok. got a 277/300. how did ur nbde go?
i dont think he need to take it again ,he is in nyu ,so ...you do the math ;) :thumbup:

fido! said:

Hi fido, I am planning to take NBDE PART I in october.. can you please throw some light on what material and study plan is better?
I have decks, kaplan reveiw notes, ASDA reprints( very old ofcourse)
Please advice. Thank you

Mommy dentist

hi I am studyin for part 1 too.Interested in studyin together.

mekha said:
i dont think he need to take it again ,he is in nyu ,so ...you do the math ;) :thumbup:

hi mekha,
are there any non-clinical/ms courses related to dentistry that can be taken by foreign trained dentists... could u throw some light on this
itsme

Hey frz,
I am looking for information on US institution /colleges offering denatl residency.After completing BDS from india i want to do residency in denatl. plz help me with some info on this !As i know that continuing post doc will be a very expensive affair !
rgds..manish

fido! said:

hey guys the nbde part 1 syl includes thorax, limbs, abdomen and pelvis.which book is good for those? i have the kaplan material, an old edition, is it ok to read those from that? plz let me know

ITSME said:
I would say you need more time to prepare,dental decks are pretty good if you have a GOOD number of years...just know them by heart!good luck