Hidden gem pain fellowship programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pain2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to put together my pain fellowship application. I'm probably an average candidate or maybe even slightly below, since I have been out of residency a few years "giving back" in academic practice.

What are some "hidden gem" programs that might be slightly less competitive than the big names, but still offer great interventional training?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting to put together my pain fellowship application. I'm probably an average candidate or maybe even slightly below, since I have been out of residency a few years "giving back" in academic practice.

What are some "hidden gem" programs that might be slightly less competitive than the big names, but still offer great interventional training?

Hey there...

I'll bite.

Having been on the trail, I would recommend the program at Yale. It's a new program. The new PD is a reallly cool guy. They have a few guys now from the Brigham over there. Also, it's at a VA ! So you can do essentially do whatever you want.

Also, since it seems like you are a non traditional fellow if you start. This might be a good thing since the fellows this past year were all like you, they 'came back'.

I'd check it out...:thumbup: Plus it's a great name..it's Yale

Thank you - I will put Yale on the list. I haven't been out that long, I hope I am not too "non traditional". Any one have other thoughts?