High AA but very low PAT score. What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roo12345

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need advice on what schools I should apply to and which ones care strongly about PAT scores.

Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.8

DAT: 25AA, 24TS, 17PAT :(

I am so happy about my DAT score besides the PAT section, I ran out of time and I was completely overwhelmed. I really don’t want to retake.

Are there any schools that would be a complete waste of time applying to due to my low PAT? Should I explain my low score on the application? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Toughy, you will absolutely get in, and chances at Ivy's and UCLA/UCSF are still very strong. Might get rejected at one or two/a few of those. But I think you are good. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone. I need advice on what schools I should apply to and which ones care strongly about PAT scores.

Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.8

DAT: 25AA, 24TS, 17PAT :(

I am so happy about my DAT score besides the PAT section, I ran out of time and I was completely overwhelmed. I really don’t want to retake.

Are there any schools that would be a complete waste of time applying to due to my low PAT? Should I explain my low score on the application? Thank you.
You are fine and Congratulations on that 25AA and 24TS and GPA, the vast majority of schools will be just fine with that 17 in PAT.

Wishing you the best..Nancy