High gpa low mcat wamc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kalogada

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Private

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Florida State
U Florida
Central Florida
Florida International
Florida Atlantic
NOVA MD
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
TCU-UNT
Also apply to at least 6 DO schools and you have 2 in Florida

Hello here are mt stats:
3.93 cGPA/3.9 sGPA
505 mcat
Florida resident
120 hours clinical volunteering
50 hours crisis counseling
200 hours non clinical volunteering
1 yr as a student tutor
200 hours shadowing 2 different physicians
NSF research program scholarship reciept(poster/manuscript/presentation)(~300 hrs)

Id like to get into an instate MD but instate DO is good too. I am not aure wherw to apply for OOS though. I'm in my 2nd gap year, so I would truthfully like to apply this cycle. However, if I need to retake I will.
I suggest bulking up more clinical hours (200 hrs shadowing is overkill, BTW), and:
Oakland U Beaumont
Gtown
EVMS
MCW
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
MCW
Rosy Franklin
Seton Hall
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Your state school(s).
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CalHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest bulking up more clinical hours (200 hrs shadowing is overkill, BTW), and:
Oakland U Beaumont
Gtown
EVMS
MCW
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
MCW
Rosy Franklin
Seton Hall
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Your state school(s).
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CalHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites.

how many hours would you recommend? I am sure I can go back to the hospital and get start it back up.

At least 100. Average is around 200 so get some more. What did your nonclinical volunteering consist of? And you only needed about 50 shadowing hours. Hopefully one of the two docs you shadowed was a primary care doc.

At least 100. Average is around 200 so get some more. What did your nonclinical volunteering consist of? And you only needed about 50 shadowing hours. Hopefully one of the two docs you shadowed was a primary care doc.

I volunteered with my local church and gave out meals during my summers to LES in my community.

Last edited: