High school-college classes, GPA lowered substancially. Explainable?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pfaction

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In preparation applying for this cycle, I decided to start quantifying my grades to prepare for a WAMC right after my MCAT is taken (Apr 28th). I had thought I only paid for English credits (6 credits worth of 3.0), but no. I took many more. In total, looks like I have 21 credits of B/B-/B+/A. Here's a visual representation:

Rzd38.png

So my GPA will go down, accordingly, roughly 0.1 to 0.15 points, as occurred during periods 8 and 9. I also have a 1 credit B+ and 4 credit A to be added here from Summer Physics in period 12 or 13, but it wouldn't do much I think, maybe raise it 0.01.

Is this going to be a huge issue for my application? Obviously once I started high school, clearly shown, I tried to get my act together and have been doing well thus far. I messed up period 9 because of working 3 days a week, but straightened it out the next semesters. 3.7 GPA again was due to working two jobs, straightened that out.

EDIT:
Attached a file of my grades so far, no idea if I put them in right or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Copy of AMCAS GPA_Calculator Version 5 Final-1.xls
    172 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Small bump; took my MCAT yesterday, will post scores and hopefully people chime in.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not a huge issue, but you're the only person to make a graph of their grade in the WAMC section, lol.. In fact, I suspect you will be more then fine grade/mcat wise.

Hopefully, but it's getting so competitive I wanted some feedback.

well your mcat will play a major role, so wait for your school.

gpa is only one piece of the pie.

They will understand. I got a F on one of my high school college classes cause it was free, I never went and didn't realize I should drop it. AMCAS was not forgiving...took my sGPA down a bit but I was never asked about it at interviews and no one really noticed it. It sucks majorly for the lower points but no one will care about it - just do your best now and show a strong GPA trend.