• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

pfaction

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2010
WV
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
In preparation applying for this cycle, I decided to start quantifying my grades to prepare for a WAMC right after my MCAT is taken (Apr 28th). I had thought I only paid for English credits (6 credits worth of 3.0), but no. I took many more. In total, looks like I have 21 credits of B/B-/B+/A. Here's a visual representation:

Rzd38.png

So my GPA will go down, accordingly, roughly 0.1 to 0.15 points, as occurred during periods 8 and 9. I also have a 1 credit B+ and 4 credit A to be added here from Summer Physics in period 12 or 13, but it wouldn't do much I think, maybe raise it 0.01.

Is this going to be a huge issue for my application? Obviously once I started high school, clearly shown, I tried to get my act together and have been doing well thus far. I messed up period 9 because of working 3 days a week, but straightened it out the next semesters. 3.7 GPA again was due to working two jobs, straightened that out.

EDIT:
Attached a file of my grades so far, no idea if I put them in right or not.

Attachments

• Copy of AMCAS GPA_Calculator Version 5 Final-1.xls
    172 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

pfaction

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2010
WV
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Small bump; took my MCAT yesterday, will post scores and hopefully people chime in.

About the Ads

It's not a huge issue, but you're the only person to make a graph of their grade in the WAMC section, lol.. In fact, I suspect you will be more then fine grade/mcat wise.

pfaction

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2010
WV
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hopefully, but it's getting so competitive I wanted some feedback.

well your mcat will play a major role, so wait for your school.

gpa is only one piece of the pie.

bigloley

SDN Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
They will understand. I got a F on one of my high school college classes cause it was free, I never went and didn't realize I should drop it. AMCAS was not forgiving...took my sGPA down a bit but I was never asked about it at interviews and no one really noticed it. It sucks majorly for the lower points but no one will care about it - just do your best now and show a strong GPA trend.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.