High School/College concurrent enrollment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

sle3pyguii

Do the college courses you take during your high school years count for the med school GPA? I was wondering because I have a few of those classes, but I am not sure whether they will be taken into account or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you only get college credit for the courses or do you actually get a grade on your transcript? Unless the course you are taking factors into your college GPA, then no, it should not count.

Your GPA from college, grad school and other professional schools factor into your application.

I did the concurrent enrollment in highschool! They transfered to my college as pass fail, but because you did take them at a community college, u must have thoes transcrips sent to AMCAS, and they will include them in your GPA.

AP classes don't give you anything, but thoes highschool concurrent enrollment classes definitly counted in my GPA

Hope this helps you as much as it help me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup...

I took a class p/f in HS at the local CC. Came in as "Credit" on my Undergrad transcript.

I passed, but not by much :D

...aaaaaand 4 years later, I regret playing PS2 in order to study for exams for that class (factored into my GPA, but hopefully they will notice it was a HS class and not my freshman year, although it does show up as a freshman year class but the year is before I started college... so if they look at it quickly... who knows??)

Usually if you take classes through a college, you get a transcript from them. If there are grades on that transcript, you need to count them.

I did that whole thing too. It was great, except for that I now need to accept those grades!
-AP

I did the concurrent enrollment in highschool! They transfered to my college as pass fail, but because you did take them at a community college, u must have thoes transcrips sent to AMCAS, and they will include them in your GPA.

AP classes don't give you anything, but thoes highschool concurrent enrollment classes definitly counted in my GPA

Hope this helps you as much as it help me!

Just wondering but, did you notice if your your AMCAS freshman year GPA included that class, or if it is listed seperately/ a distinction made??

Took classes through highschool, and grades we recieved were valid for University credit with transcripts and grades. It did show up on AMCAS GPA, so it is possible.

thanks for the replies. Kind of makes me regret not trying in any of those classes. :(

Just wondering but, did you notice if your your AMCAS freshman year GPA included that class, or if it is listed seperately/ a distinction made??

The distinctions actually aren't very clear. I had one interviewer really confused, he thought I went to JMU and a community college at the same time before starting at Virginia (I went to 2 high schools, one did community college dual enrollment, one did JMU dual enrollment). Oh and I had a misreported grade on my JMU transcript but didn't bother getting it fixed in high school b/c the credits transferred as pass fail, but that was 4.0 credits of B that went into my AMCAS GPA that should have been A . . . I was miffed.