High School College credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vanguard23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took English 1301 and 1302 in one semester of high school for college credit. Problem: I didn't exactly get along with the teacher(he was an arrogant ass) and ended up getting C's in both of them. That was back in spring of 2002.
The credits were to a university that is not the one I am attending. I did take the two classes again and made B's(I slacked off big time at the beginning of college and the end of high school).
Questions:
-Will this be weighted that heavily when medical schools see my other stuff(say I have a 3.65 GPA and 30 MCAT and quite a few extra-curriculars)?
-Is there a way that the med schools won't even see these grades if I simply don't get the transcripts from that college?
btw, I'm in a Texas college.

edit: I'm a ******* and put this in the wrong forum. My bad.

Members don't see this ad.

If you took them in high school, like AP or IB courses., I dont think they will see the grades. I've never heard of anyone asking for high school transcripts. Or did you take them at a local college, while you were still in high school?

They were college credits taken through a community college. I never went to the college and the English teacher taught it.

Members don't see this ad :)
so anyone have any info?

so anyone have any info?

They will see it since you still need to send all transcripts of any colleges attended including highschool dual enrollment.

However, schools look for positive upward trends and if y've done great in everything else then you should have no problem. Judging from your numbers that seems to be the case and you should hopefully get into a state school or mid to low tier school. You did well on the MCAT too so they can more then enough see you know English comprehension. :laugh: :laugh:

Any class that appears on a college (university or community college) transcript must be reported to AMCAS.

But how will they know if I had credits for that particular college?
Not to sound dodgy or anything.
And I have not taken the MCAT just yet, but I plan to make at least a 30. The 30 was just a hypothetical if I got that score.
Though I do agree that this(very irrelevant) pair of grades won't make too much of a difference in the greater scheme of things except for lowering my GPA a bit. I've greatly improved both my grades and my course load in the past three semesters and i've worked full time my college career.

But how will they know if I had credits for that particular college?
Not to sound dodgy or anything.
And I have not taken the MCAT just yet, but I plan to make at least a 30. The 30 was just a hypothetical if I got that score.
Though I do agree that this(very irrelevant) pair of grades won't make too much of a difference in the greater scheme of things except for lowering my GPA a bit. I've greatly improved both my grades and my course load in the past three semesters and i've worked full time my college career.

I don't know how, but they do have a way of checking these things. It may have to do with the fact that you are required to give date of birth and social security number enabling them to do a background check. But I don't know. What I do know is that if you get caught you'd lose any acceptances you had and get blacklisted from all the schools. So its not a risk worth taking.

Also, don't be arrogant and assume that you will get a 30. A lot of people shoot for a score but don't always get it. Take a practice test before you anticipate such a score then come back here. Until then this is pointless.

I didn't really assume I'd make a 30...like I said it was merely hypothetical.
The practice tests I have been taking(Kaplan) have been in the 24-26 region and rising.

C's in English are not going to kill you. Don't worry about it so much. You might as well NOT LIE.

C's in English are going to hurt especially if that is your primary language. But they might over look it since it was so long ago and you have improved yourself in recent years.