High School Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alicebobalice

birdie
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this totally sucks, but my high school grades are really messing with my application. I took some credits through my school in high school and got terrible grades. For undergrad I have a 3.7 cumulative and a 3.65 science gpa which is okay with me. But once you factor in my high school grades that drops to a 3.6 cumulative with a 3.5 science gpa.

33 mcat... Will schools overlook this? It seems absurd and if I could go back in time I never would have registered for those classes. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I don't believe med schools take your high school grades into account unless I'm severely mistaken...

College courses taken in high school. My school had courses that counted for college credit for grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't believe med schools take your high school grades into account unless I'm severely mistaken...

You will be fine.

Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile

I think you'll be fine. There's nothing that can change it now. I had the same problem and my GPA got lowered because of it, but I'm still receiving interview invites. Your GPA is still pretty good and near the average for matriculated GPA.