High School/SAT scores?????? which schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbennett

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if any schools require/request high school transcripts/SAT scores. Please list known and suspected schools. I would bet this would be on the sec. app. I know for a fact a few dental schools require these but i have no idea with medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS) - reqs SAT score and date.
Texas Tech - req high school class rank but no transcript (plus some leadership positions from high school).
Baylor - SAT, class rank

Those are the only ones I've run across so far.

runningmom said:
Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS) - reqs SAT score and date.
Texas Tech - req high school class rank but no transcript (plus some leadership positions from high school).

Those are the only ones I've run across so far.

Baylor, and I think Jefferson did too. I didn't remember mine so I said that on Baylor (they give you that option) and for Jefferson I just guessed. I know the range but not the exact score. It was a long time ago :)

Members don't see this ad :)
UF asks for your SAT and ACT scores + dates

narc said:
and for Jefferson I just guessed. I know the range but not the exact score. It was a long time ago :)
Long time for me as well, but I left it blank. Jefferson is doing it for analysis, not using it as a criteria for admission. They didn't mind that I didn't know it.

What i am realy worried about is are there any schools that use this to screen applicants because i did great in college but was never motivated to do well in high school so i just aimed to pass. 3.0 high school
1200 SAT vs 3.8+gpa UCLA/Penn. Got in originaly due to athletics.

add WashU to the list.

if any school takes you out of the mix because of high school stuff, then they are idiots.

VCU asks for your SAT or ACT score (or at least they did last year).

modelslashactor said:
add WashU to the list.

if any school takes you out of the mix because of high school stuff, then they are idiots.

Specifically, WashU wants your high school GPA and class rank and your ACT/SAT scores. I was lucky that I remembered seeing my ACT score printout when I was home (don't know why I saved it) and didn't throw it away.

HS GPAs? during my first 2 years of high school, we worked on a 10 point scale, then we switched to some scale that went to 4.6 or something like that....how are they going to take these numbers seriously?

C.P. Jones said:
HS GPAs? during my first 2 years of high school, we worked on a 10 point scale, then we switched to some scale that went to 4.6 or something like that....how are they going to take these numbers seriously?
No.

Indiana University asks for SAT/ACT scores and high school class rank.

cbennett said:
Does anyone know if any schools require/request high school transcripts/SAT scores. Please list known and suspected schools. I would bet this would be on the sec. app. I know for a fact a few dental schools require these but i have no idea with medicine

Wayne State asks about SAT scores in their interview. Since I had taken my SATs more than 20 years ago I tried joke: "It's been a long time, but I think my score was something like a MCCXXX...."

The guy didn't laugh, didn't even smile. Damn ER docs -- they've got no sense of humor!