High school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drabberbadge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does your high school gpa factor into aamcas for med school at all? Can you put it if you wanted to

Members don't see this ad.

Does your high school gpa factor into aamcas for med school at all? Can you put it if you wanted to

No, unless you took college courses in high school (not AP but actual college credit bearing courses at a college or university), in which case you are required to submit your transcripts from those colleges. There is no place for you to enter high school GPA and I wouldn't include or mention it either -- it would be the equivalent of including your junior high grades when applying for college.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, unless you took college courses in high school (not AP but actual college credit bearing courses at a college or university), in which case you are required to submit your transcripts from those colleges. There is no place for you to enter high school GPA and I wouldn't include or mention it either -- it would be the equivalent of including your junior high grades when applying for college.

okay I was just hoping it would

What if I took classes at a CC and it counted to my graduation for high school
Does that count

What if I took classes at a CC and it counted to my graduation for high school
Does that count

You'll be required to submit the transcript from your CC, but not your entire high school record.

Nope, but they encourage you to submit your kindergarten artwork and handwriting samples.

LOL putting a high school GPA in a medical school application. It's so childish I wouldn't be surprised they reject you on that alone.

LOL putting a high school GPA in a medical school application. It's so childish I wouldn't be surprised they reject you on that alone.

This is why the human race is killing themselves due to a**holes like you...

And weakness,
... don't forget the power of a weak mind.

Not necessarily true, most leaders who have corrupted the world have a strong mind but with the wrong mentality and attitude, knowing they have a strong mind increases their ego and makes them feel they have the superiority over the little guy or who they consider the one s with the " weak " mind...open a history book my friend

Members don't see this ad :)

Only if ur applying BS/MD, otherwise they'll invite you for an interview just to laugh at you in person and give you a rejection letter on the spot.

Not necessarily true, most leaders who have corrupted the world have a strong mind but with the wrong mentality and attitude, knowing they have a strong mind increases their ego and makes them feel they have the superiority over the little guy or who they consider the one s with the " weak " mind...open a history book my friend

:whoa::whoa:

I fear OP has this Aggressive Premed Syndrome common in many threads. Oh well. As long as you're okay with the answers... it's all... good. :corny:

That, or because people have become too lazy to seek out even basic information on their own.

Dude, Google works wonders on those sort of things. Have you tried looking at the AMCAS website itself? It's helpful. Or maybe searching through the SDN forums.

First, high school GPA has absolutely no bearing on AMCAS GPA because medical schools are looking at primarily your GPA from an undergraduate institution (dominant factor), and if you happen to be in graduate school or are taking a post-bacc, they look at that as well.

The only way high school has any factor in undergrad GPA is if you have taken dual-enrollment credit with a community college or have taken college courses as a high school student.

The only way high school has any factor in undergrad GPA is if you have taken dual-enrollment credit with a community college or have taken college courses as a high school student.

What about SAT/ACT? Most med schools want those numbers.

What about SAT/ACT? Most med schools want those numbers.

No. There's maybe a handful of DO schools that ask for those and if you don't put anything it doesn't matter anyway.

HSDMedicine, :naughty:, requires a copy of your HS transcript, but :shrug: why.

TMDSAS (the application service for all texas med schools except Baylor) asks for them, as well as a handful of Texas MD secondary apps. This may not be "most", but that's significant. If schools weren't interested in them, they wouldn't be listed on the application.

And yes, I'm aware that you don't have to put them.

*edit* - I think you are required to find your score and input them on the TMDSAS if you've taken them.

What does this have to do with my argument.
1322965397_seriously-meme.jpg

TMDSAS (the application service for all texas med schools except Baylor) asks for them, as well as a handful of Texas MD secondary apps. This may not be "most", but that's significant. If schools weren't interested in them, they wouldn't be listed on the application.

And yes, I'm aware that you don't have to put them.

*edit* - I think you are required to find your score and input them on the TMDSAS if you've taken them.

+1

TMDSAS and Baylor's secondary does ask for SAT and/or ACT scores. Some secondaries (not a lot) even ask what high school you had gone to and what your ranking in the school was, but I've never seen any of them ask for GPA.

Will the full transcript be reviewed and each college course added to the overall cumulative GPA for med school apps or only courses that transfer to the 4 year university you receive your bachelor's from? I ask because I've been in a dual enroll program for all 4 years of high school and I have a number of B grades on my transcript but most are from courses that don't transfer (Counseling, CIT, remedial math courses [HS doesn't offer beyond Algebra II so we have to take math beyond that at the CC]).

Last edited:
Will the full transcript be revised and each college course added to the over cumulative GPA for med school apps or only courses that transfer to the 4 year university you receive your bachelor's from? I ask because I've been in a dual enroll program for all 4 years of high school and I have a number of B grades on my transcript but most are from courses that don't transfer (Counseling, CIT, remedial math courses [HS doesn't offer beyond Algebra II so we have to take math beyond that at the CC]).

If you received credit at a local CC, then those courses will be reported on AMCAS and used in GPA calculations. When you apply, you'll have to send in the transcript from the CC. It doesn't matter which ones you transferred.