high scorers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lsk87

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know this has probably come up before....but has anyone ever scored in the teens on their diagnostic and ended up with a 30+? It seems like it's very rare from what I hear. How long and how much did you have to study?

Members don't see this ad.

Some people will never score 30+, no matter how long they study.

Either way, what other people do or don't do is irrelevant for your situation. Do the best you can and see what happens...

i know this has probably come up before....but has anyone ever scored in the teens on their diagnostic and ended up with a 30+? It seems like it's very rare from what I hear. How long and how much did you have to study?

yes they have, search the MCAT pages for the "wow my kaplan diagnostic sucked thread" read it all and youll feel better.

i only see two situations in that thread where that has occurred...but i'm pretty sure those were anomalies anyways...ANYBODY HAVE PROOF THAT IT CAN BE DONE???

...btw, i still haven't taken ochem 2 and physics 2, hence my low diagnostic score

Members don't see this ad :)
i only see two situations in that thread where that has occurred...but i'm pretty sure those were anomalies anyways...ANYBODY HAVE PROOF THAT IT CAN BE DONE???

...btw, i still haven't taken ochem 2 and physics 2, hence my low diagnostic score

I scored a crappy diagnostic score.

1 month of very light studying (once a week on the weekends) and one month of actual studying and I'm up to a 27.

That's a 5 point gain with a month's worth of work.
I am doing ochem and genetics simultaneously, so those will help as time goes on.

If I can pull out an extra 2 points for each of the next two months, I will be on the course for a ~31.

Is this proof? NO. But it is proof that your scores can go up, and go up FAST.

Dude, R E L A X. Its a dignostic for cryin out loud. Didnt you score an 18? My score was around there, it is sorta dogma that you have the potential to score at least 10 pts higher on the real deal months away.

I know about 10 people who wrote the MCAT in August at my school. I got a 36, my friend got a 34, and everyone else got between an 18 - 24. Every single person who got between 18 - 24 spent less than a month studying for the test. Most of them used their textbooks to study from, however, some used the Kaplan MCAT Comprehensive Review. My friend who got the 34 studied for three weeks before the test using ExamKrackers; he did one practice test. So, most averaged about a month of studying - a few hours a day - and except for my friend, who I guess is just naturally good at test taking, everyone didn't do so great. I studied my ass off though - four months, three or four hours a day, and a practice test almost every weekend. I did all the AAMC tests, I read the EK books over and over, and I used MCAT Audio Osmosis. I started off not knowing almost anything. Put in a lot of effort and you'll majorly boost your chances of scoring 30+, but you've got to work for it - don't look for a trend to give yourself false confidence, just study your ass off.

I had a 21 on the diag and scored a 40 on the real thing.

If I can increase 19 points, anyone can.

I studied hard for about a month, and just drilled myself with practice sections.